It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2004, 10:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

babydoll20 HB User
ejaculating twice in a condom

me and my boyfriend kind of have a tricky situation. let me first say that I am on the pill, but we use condoms as well.

he tends to ejaculate fairly fast, and if we keep going after that he doesnt loose his erection and we can go a few more rounds.

however, if we take the time to stop and change the condom he looses it and we can;t get it back again.

is it a horrible thing if we keep going with the same condom? Im so afraid its going to burst but so far it hasn't. we always have the pill to fall back on, but sometimes its not all that realiable for me for personal reasons.

any tips?

Old 04-09-2004, 12:00 AM   #2

super fluke HB User
Re: ejaculating twice in a condom

it's not a good thing to re-use a condom @ all..
altho like you already assumed, the chances of it breaking are increased.. but more importantly, semen can leak from the bottom of the condom and then be pushed into you.

since you're on the pill the chances are slim that a small amount of semen would pose a real risk.. but as you know, no method is 100% safe, so in general it's not a good idea.

is it really that important to keep his erection? i know changing the condom would be quite a speed-bump in the atmosphere of luv-making, but it's the safe-factor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2004, 08:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: ejaculating twice in a condom - BAD IDEA

Continuing to use a condom after it has been ejaculated in is definitely a bad idea.

As mentioned, the chances of it breaking are greater, so keep in mind if it breaks once it's full of semen, then you might as well have not worn it at all. Also, since it's full of semen, it is more likely to slide off, let alone just have the semen run up and out the sides (which will no doubt end up in you).

Old 04-09-2004, 10:49 AM   #4

Crimson_M HB User

How can the guy even stay erect after orgasm? Most men go flacid after coitus. It's completely normal. For this reason it's very unsafe to keep using a condom much longer after ejaculation.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

babydoll20 HB User

thank for your help guys....

yes he manages to stay hard, not rock hard like before he ejaculates but he can keep a certain amount of stiffness.

maybe the best thing for us to do is stop when he ejaculates, and do some more foreplay untill he's hard enough to go again.

you guys are right though. i know its not the brightest idea in the world to keep going with the same condom. I should know better than that.

Old 04-10-2004, 03:42 PM   #6

SGreen84 HB User

Most men do go limp after ejaculation, thats very weird that he doesn't. But if you wear a condom and are on birth control, the risk of you getting pregnant because a little semen leaks from the condom are slim to none. Plus, condoms have spermcide in them which kills semen, so even if it did break, 99% of the sperm would be dead and its just about impossible for 1% of the ejaculated semen to even reach, and fertilize the egg.

Old 04-10-2004, 04:17 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGreen84
Most men do go limp after ejaculation, that's very weird that he doesn't. ... Plus, condoms have spermicide in them which kills semen, so even if it did break, 99% of the sperm would be dead and its just about impossible for 1% of the ejaculated semen to even reach, and fertilize the egg.
Couple of comments. First, it's not "very weird" that he doesn't go limp. It's not even a little weird. It's not the norm, but that doesn't make it weird.

Second, not all condoms have spermicide and even if it does, the amount is negligible. In fact, the US FDA has stated that condoms treated with spermicide have been proven to be no more effective in preventing pregnancy than condoms w/o spermicide. Condoms work because they are a barrier, if they break, there is no barrier.

However, I only posted that because I hate leaving erroneous information uncorrected, not to scare you. I personally believe that the protection you are getting from being on the pill is enough (much high prevention rate than condoms) and that using the condom as added protection is just bonus and should it fail, the pill is still most likely to do it's job as long as you are taking it properly.

Old 04-10-2004, 05:29 PM   #8

SGreen84 HB User

Thisby,
You may be right about the condoms and spermicide, but I still think it is very abnormal to have an erection after orgasm. After orgasm, men enter into a refractory period which makes them unresponsive to sexual stimuli, making it very odd to continue an erection. This refractory period takes place in the fourth stage of the normal sex cycle. Unlike men, women can have multiple orgasms with continued stimulation. So, either her boyfriend is not having a total and complete orgasm with the full release of the semen, or he has a sexual dysfunction occuring in the resolution phase.

Old 04-10-2004, 06:37 PM   #9

super fluke HB User

i don't think it's even uncommon SGreen..

like babydoll's boyfriend, after i orgasm i don't completely lose my erection if there's still some type of stimulation..

it's nothing to do with "not having a total and complete orgasm" or "sexual dysfunction"..

it's just being horny and keeping the blood pumping into the shelangy-dang. heh.

i certainly don't enter a refractory state where i'm "unresponsive to sexual stimuli".. not @ all.

Last edited by super fluke; 04-10-2004 at 06:39 PM.

Old 04-10-2004, 07:29 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

babydoll20 HB User

LOL... people.. everyones different. my boyfriend just happens to be able to keep an erection while some can't. actually, another guy i was with could do this same thing.

Oh and something i should mention about my pill. I have IBS with diahrea ( cant spell) sometimes and it makes me unsure about how well my body absorbs the hormones. sigh. I'm on diane especially for clear skin, and unfortuately the patch cant do that for me, otherwise I'd be on that instead.

I can't win, can i? haha.

Old 04-10-2004, 08:34 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll20
LOL... people.. everyones different.
Exactly! My guy's like that too, and I would NEVER think of him as 'weird'. Lucky would be more like it.

As for your other problem, good call on doubling up on the contraception if you're worried about how well your body is absorbing your bcp. But that means you need your condoms to work.

Anyway, maybe he can have his first orgasm outside before there's been any vaginal penetration, and then quickly get a condom on him and move on to intercourse from there?

Old 04-12-2004, 04:40 PM   #12
Veteran

Saka HB User

Just had to post an comment to this one.

I used to think it strange and amazing that a man can keep his erection after ejaculation until I met my current b/f. Not only can he keep his erection but he can often come again soon after (though nowhere near as big). I put it down to the fact that he is a very sexual and horny man.

But on the other hand, sometimes he can not keep it hard even when we are actually having sex. It all depends on his mood, the time we have and what has been going on in his life at the time. I find none of it wierd. Keeps it interesting

Old 04-13-2004, 05:28 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

babydoll20 HB User

just an update. we found a better and safer way. now through foreplay we let him ejaculate once, and he can stay hard after so we clean up and get down to business. haha. that way we dont have to stop the moment and change the condom, and its safer. heard it on the sunday night sex show the other night! gotta love sue.

Closed Thread