It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 07:04 AM   #1

ccturner HB User
Pimple in vagina

I recently found a pimple on the skin surrounding my vaginal opening. I think it's called the inner labia. It's a small, soft lump with a small mucus head. It's tender to the touch and not painful. It just bothers me that there's a small lump there. Could it be an STD? My bf and I are both virgins. We've only had oral sex and my bf has never performed oral sex on anyone but me. It's so strange that I developed a pimple inside my vagina where no hair grows. Will it go away? Anything else I should do besides putting warm compresses? Can I put cold compresses? I'm really worried about it. I hope it's not an STD. I'm 21 - should I be getting regular gynecological exams?

Last edited by ccturner; 04-12-2004 at 07:14 AM.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:33 AM   #2
Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User
Re: Pimple in vagina

I don't think it is an STD especially since neither of you have had intercourse before. It's probably is just a little pimple or it could be a very small cyst.

All women should start having regular checkups with a gynecologist, definately by the age of 18 or if they start having sex before the age of 18.

Siobhan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Well, herpes is very commonly spread by oral sex, even when both partners are virgins, because most people contract herpes type 1 orally while they are children via non-sexual means. This, in turn, can be spread to their partner's genitals, even if a coldsore isn't present at the time. Only about 20% of those infected orally ever get symptoms, most people just carry herpes without symptoms. However, it could also be just a pimple, or a cyst. The only way to know for sure is to see a doctor. At 21, you should definately be getting yearly gyn exams.

Old 04-12-2004, 12:14 PM   #4

yoursweetangel HB User

You say your boyfriend has never performed oral sex on anyone but you? Now, I know you trust him, but as far as I'm see things, there's always a chance the guy is lying. I occasionally get pimples in the area you're describing...if it is a pimple it should go away on it's own, nothing is needed to make it go away but time and leaving it alone. BUT at 21 you should be going to the gyno, virgin or not. (I, like you, didn't go until I was older, but you should have been going since you were 18) You'll need a pevic exam, pap smear, and my doc runs a few STD tests and a pregnancy test even though (at the time of my last visit) I was still a virgin.
Botton line: Go to the gyno, when the nurse asks if you have any questions before the visit, explain about your mystery bump. Tell her you think it's a pimple, but you want to be sure. If it goes away before then, describe it and if she asks, explain (or show) where it was. I would suggest asking for an STD test also but your doc may find it overkill...and use some kind of protection next time since you can still get STDs from oral sex.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #5
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

I wouldnt worry too much about Herpes and all of that.. I mean yeah MAYBE but rare!! If it's like a sore.. then u need to get it checked out. I've gotten a pimple there and it hurts.. but eventually after a while I can squeeze it and the plug comes out (sorry this is gross!!) and its fine.. so it could be that! It might last longer than a regular pimple b/c its in a sensitive area. Or if you shave it can be a BAD ingrown hair.. maybe!

Old 04-21-2004, 06:24 PM   #6

ccturner HB User

Yeah it turned out to be nothing. The doc recommended that I should sleep w/o underwear. It would be hard to do that for me. I'm not used to it.

Old 04-22-2004, 04:12 PM   #7

c_yummy HB User

One of my friends' had the same problem you did and when she went to her gynecologist, he told her that females sometimes got these little lumps on the outer vaginal area and that it was a normal thing. He also told her that it could be something relating to sweat glands, shaving, or even a pimple but that they usually go away within a short period of time.

Old 04-23-2004, 05:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE
I wouldnt worry too much about Herpes and all of that.. I mean yeah MAYBE but rare!!

Sorry, but it's NOT rare! Over 30% of new genital herpes cases are HSV1, which means they were most likely contracted through oral sex.

Anyways, to the original poster, I'm glad that it turned out to be nothing.

Old 04-23-2004, 08:10 AM   #9

sunnie4567 HB User

I don't want to be alarming, but the only way to really rule out herpes is with a blodd test. A doctor CANNOT visually diagnose herpes. Herpes can look like a pimple, razor burn, spider bite. Yes it could totally be nothing but you cannot be totally sure unless you have a blood test. All it takes to get herpes is skin to skin contact. You can be a virgin but if you or your boyfriend were at all ever intimate with someone else you are at risk.

Old 04-23-2004, 01:09 PM   #10

Aaliyah HB User

It could be a Bartholin's Gland Cyst. I am now recovering from that. Do some research on it. You can find medical pictures online and get some info. Try hot compresses and hot baths. No cold compresses. (The heat will bring it to a head and it should drain itself.) PS...mine wasn't painful either. Good luck-see your OBGYN if you think it is a cyst.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:33 PM   #11
Inactive

WildBerry62 HB User
I agree with the posts about the possibility of herpes. A pimple in or on the vagina can definitely be herpes. A blood test is one of the best ways to find out if you have been exposed to herpes. A cold sore on the mouth can lead to genital herpes. Not all doctors are very aware of this. More information can be found through the [deleted]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-24-2004 at 07:57 AM. Reason: links to outside websites are not permitted

Old 05-16-2004, 08:24 PM   #12

Danielle_Bowen HB User

I had one of thouses it went away in a couple of days.

Old 05-19-2004, 01:37 PM   #13

miamimissy HB User

yeah I get those sometimes but its always been after I shaved, never was worried about them.

Old 06-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #14

ae31860 HB User

On/in the Vulva and perenium there are oil glands... and in the exterior of the vulva there are hairs... if there is either of these things then it is possible to get a pimple... I have heard people who get such "visitors" say that they are not at all painfull.. but I know for me they get painful when fiddled with or touched. My Doc said that they are pimples... little infections of individual oil glands and/or hair folicles. She recommended washing the exterior vulva with a soap containing salicilic acid (as it promotes the "sloughing" of dead skin cells) or an antibacterial soap. There are multiple brands of body wash that contain triclosan, benzolperoxide or another "acne" medication. Also, a facial wash that is anti-ance wash could be used in the shower or bath.

Herpes has a presentation of blisters, not pimples.

Old 06-29-2004, 11:00 PM   #15

raelani HB User

Ok I am going to share this even though I am embarrassed about it.... I have herpes, and I didnt know it until 4 months ago when I was just about to give birth to my daughter... I had a pimple in the vigina. I assumed it was a shaving bump, but I went to my obgyn because I heard that if it was herpes it could harm the baby.. come to find out it was, and I had already had the antibodies, but had no outbreak for years, so it would not have harmed the baby in my case.... I take valtrex, and i have been with my husband without protection, and he has yet to get it.. It really helps to take the meds... I have spent alot of time on the internet looking up all I can, and come to find out, more people than I thought have herpes... If I were you, go to the doctor, better to catch it now... Hope all is well

Closed Thread