It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 01:17 AM   #1
tslask

Bumps near vagina, please help, really scared

I have a question about some bumps near my vagina... they have always been there and I'm not sure if they are normal or not, but now they are really starting to scare me..

They are on the inside of the outer lips, not where the hair is though, closer to the inner lips. I'm not exactly sure what it is called, but the best way I can explain it is the smooth skin that surrounds the clitoris. I think they have been there as long as I can remember.. they look like tiny bumps, not too close together, I always just thought they were normal. I stretched the skin out a little bit to see them, and when I did this they appeared to be white.. they kind of look like little white heads that you would get on your face. I gently squeezed one of them with two fingernails and a little bit of the white substance came out, like it would if you did this with a whitehead on your face. I tried it to different ones and I got stuff to come out and like 3 of them, and one of them wasn't even visible anymore after the stuff came out. Not all of them had stuff come out........ Anyway could these be white head type things down there?? Or does everyone have those little bumps? (and maybe I shouldn't be squeezing them). I always thought they looked normal because i thought they were always there. Anyway now I am really scared so someone please help if you have any info!! I also posted a couple days ago about getting a pimple near vagina because I get one of those every once in a while. I don't like bumps Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2004, 04:37 PM   #2

kwilgo HB User
Re: Bumps near vagina, please help, really scared

I don't have a clue. I dont have any in the area. I do have one on my breast. I squeesze it every now and again, white stuff comes out, but it never goes away. My Dr. told me it was nothing to worry about. I am not sure if this is the same thing tho.

My best advice would be to see ur gyno. This way you will know one way or another.

Good Luck

Old 05-15-2004, 06:53 PM   #3

undercover angel HB User

i would say dont touch them and see your gyno.

Old 06-27-2004, 10:08 PM   #4

ae31860 HB User

On/in the Vulva and perenium there are oil glands... and in the exterior of the vulva there are hairs... if there is either of these things then it is possible to get a pimple... I have heard people who get such "visitors" say that they are not at all painfull.. but I know for me they get painful when fiddled with or touched. My Doc said that they are pimples... little infections of individual oil glands and/or hair folicles. She recommended washing the exterior vulva with a soap containing salicilic acid (as it promotes the "sloughing" of dead skin cells) or an antibacterial soap. There are multiple brands of body wash that contain triclosan, benzolperoxide or another "acne" medication. Also, a facial wash that is anti-ance wash could be used in the shower or bath. by skin around the clitoris do you mean the clitoral hood? the skin around the clitoris has very small oil glands... and I assume that you can get a pimple there, but I would see a doc.

(lingo: the "vulva" is the name for the entire female genital area..."libia" are the folds of skin... the hairy outside set is the "libia majora"... the smooth and sensitive inside set is the "libia minora"... the "perenium" is the smooth stretch of skin between your anus and vuvla...)

Last edited by ae31860; 06-28-2004 at 09:33 AM.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

I have something that sounds similar to you...if I roll the skin there between my fingers, it feels a bit lit grains of sand underneath my skin. My GYN said that they were just "prominent sebacious glands", or something like that, and that they were completely normal, although not all women have them. Maybe this is what you are talking of...

Old 06-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #6
(female)

mynamehere HB User

i think i have somthing similar to what the person above my message has and you have but mine are just below my clitorus and above my vaginal openig theyu have always been there to the best of my knowlege and this is why i joined to find out what it was

Old 07-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #7
(female)

ansh HB User

i have just noticed such bumps like acne pimples bt bigger near my vulva..it hurts a bit if i apply pressure on it..it scares me..i don't think it can be due to any types of infection..if anyone can help please do so

Old 07-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #8
(female)

snobun1 HB User

I have gotten them as well, some painful some not. Dr. advised becasue I shave the are it ismore prodominent to get teh pores plugged. Suggested hot bath w/o soaps or bubbles or stuff or hot compresses to open the pore back up.
Would suggest though that you go to the DR. are you getting yearly paps? IF you are sexually active I highly recomend it and you can ask about the bumps at the same time.

Closed Thread