It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2004, 11:25 AM   #1

chrissy81 HB User
what does it mean when you get your period twice in one month??

ok i'm alittle worried, i woke up this morning and got my period which isnt really a good thing cuz its 2 weeks early, the other thing is that i already had my last period 2 weeks ago. what does this mean? does it signal anything?? its the first time ever this has happened to me and i'm 22 years old. any ideas??? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User
Re: what does it mean when you get your period twice in one month??

It can just be something that happens, womens bodies are complicated things.
If you have recently swapped birth control this is usually the cause, but if not I'd just say it's a fluke and not to worry, just cruise through it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2004, 11:00 PM   #3

Boogirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy81
ok i'm alittle worried, i woke up this morning and got my period which isnt really a good thing cuz its 2 weeks early, the other thing is that i already had my last period 2 weeks ago. what does this mean? does it signal anything?? its the first time ever this has happened to me and i'm 22 years old. any ideas??? thanks
That is so odd that I came across this tonight. Anyway, I'm 21 years old, and for the first time ever my period came early. I started it 2 weeks ago, and now today it started again, so twice in one month!! Right now I'm kind of freaked out about it, and hope it's nothing. My periods have always been normal, but I have been through a lot of stress these last few months, and I'm hoping it's just that.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Boogirl
Chasy (11-23-2011), skiran (11-17-2011)
Old 05-28-2004, 09:55 AM   #4
(female)

Tales610 HB User

Dont' worry about it - If you are stressed out or if you have changed your natural life style like eating different or being more active (working out) your body will change. I'm 21 and 2 months ago I had my period do the same thing. and My doctor just said that any kind of stress or change in your lifestyle can do that to you! Its nothing big dont' worry!

Old 06-23-2004, 02:58 AM   #5

JoWo HB User

I experienced it many years back. Exam stress etc. At that point it time, I was afraid too when I had my period twice in a month. Anyway, it is just stress and there is nothing to worry about. Just relax and things will be back to normal.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User

I'm 25 and just had my period 2 weeks ago--and guess what? I just started again too. Obviously this is more common than I thought. This happened to me for 2 months last year at this time. I'm not under anymore stress than usual and was freaked out last year when it happened. The dr. told me nothing was wrong and it does not mean anything bad. The only thing we can do is take Birth control pills. Its just annoying and costly (tampons add up) Anyway--its better than not having a period and being preg. At least I'm not alone in this, but it sucks.

Closed Thread