It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 02:49 PM   #1

saphire1100 HB User
swollen vagina lips and sore after sex

a while ago i noticed my inner vagina lips had become quite swollen and large...when i look closely i can see tiny white bumps along the swollen lips of my vagina...this doesnt really cause me any pain except for after sex. after sex im very sore and uncomfortable.... ive only ever had one partner and hes my long term boyfriend, so surely it couldnt be an STD? plus this developed while we were using condoms. has anyone had the same problem? im very uncomfortable about seeing a doctor.

Old 05-24-2004, 03:46 PM   #2
(female)

jete23 HB User
Re: swollen vagina lips and sore after sex

Not too sure, but maybe you are allergic to latex condoms...do you have any itching or pain internally?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2004, 06:40 AM   #3

miamimissy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire1100
a while ago i noticed my inner vagina lips had become quite swollen and large...when i look closely i can see tiny white bumps along the swollen lips of my vagina...this doesnt really cause me any pain except for after sex. after sex im very sore and uncomfortable.... ive only ever had one partner and hes my long term boyfriend, so surely it couldnt be an STD? plus this developed while we were using condoms. has anyone had the same problem? im very uncomfortable about seeing a doctor.
I dont want to sound harsh but just because he's been your only partner doesnt mean it couldn't be an STD... anyway, it probably isn't anything so serious considering he's been a good boy if you are too worried go see a gynecologist.

Old 05-25-2004, 07:41 AM   #4
(female)

tara_may HB User

sounds like some sort of an allergy to the condom.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:11 PM   #5

Kista HB User

You know how your mouth gets all juicy and your lips get all puffy when you're really turned on? well, they kind of mirror your other lips. It's normal for girls to get puffy due to sexual arousal...actually, some even exhibit those changes (becoming wet and puffy) by situations other than sexual acts...flirting, dancing, roller coasters, even intense anger or fear.

The pain could be due to the engorged lips causing the penis to pull and stretch the tender tissue during insertion. Careful with that, it can cause permanent injuries. I ran across a video clip online, of a girl who is VERY puffy down there. The clip is called "Cheeseburger" if that's any indication. hehehe

Try using a good water-based lubrication (which is condom-friendly) and see if that prevents the pain. Or better yet, spend more time in foreplay and create your own natural lubrication...by the sounds of it, you shouldn't have any problem.

The tiny bumps, well, no worries, eh sistah? it's something we girls have but don't talk about, like the ones around our nipples. they live there The boys will never notice if we don't point it out, trust me...now shhhhh!

Solidarity Sistah!

Old 05-25-2004, 01:18 PM   #6

saphire1100 HB User

i doubt its a reaction to condoms since we no longer use that method....also thanks for the replies, they've made me feel better although it seems no one else has ahd this problem and really know for sure what it is =/

Old 05-26-2004, 12:10 AM   #7
(female)

Reina90 HB User

i can't say that I know what the problem is. I guess it can't be condoms if you're not using them. Do you use any kind of lubricant that could be causing you this reaction. It could be nothing, but I would see a gynecologist just to make sure.

Old 05-27-2004, 05:45 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Platinum33 HB User
Thumbs up Re: swollen vagina lips and sore after sex

Well, I'm here to save the day saphire! No? Okay. I had that problem...when I WAS sexually involved. I found that using non-latex condoms and extra lubrication helped out a great deal. I don't know if the non-latex thing was the main problem or not, but I think they are smoother and reduce the amount of friction, maybe? (I could just be making that up)

Not to get too into detail, but it may help if you, or he separates your lips down there before he enters, and if possible, you can try to hold them appart during sex. Just remember that even though you start out fairly lubricated, our bodies aren't KY factories, so yes, you do lose that lubrication after a certain amount of uh, having sex.

Just a question about the white bumps, you are talking about the ones that just look like raised skin right? They shouldn't be pus-like (Can't believe I was going to put an "ie" on the back of that one, lol...never mind ) But I hate bringing up things with doctors too...I found that it helps me to have a female doctor...one I feel comfortable asking questions.

Old 05-27-2004, 10:32 PM   #9
(female)

krish01 HB User

does it hurt during sex? are your lips only swollen after sex or all the time? is your discharge normal? a yeast infection can cause pain and swollen labia and vulva. i dont know if you've ever had one or not but its usually accompanied by a white clumpy discharge, but not always. are u sure you are moist enough down there during sex? as for the white bumps, im not too sure, are they big, small, pimply? u said u were uncomfortable with doctors. I hate doctors. but u really should go get checked out. just do it. its no biggy. once you start going it will be like going to a regular doc. if it is a problem you'd want to catch it asap. get tested for everything, if u dont have insurance they can bill u and u can make payments. its worth it. if and when u come out clean, you'll feel much better. please go

Closed Thread