It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2004, 08:09 PM   #1

Turbo Altezza HB User
Girlfriend NEVER gets period

she is on some kind of birthcontroll and never i mean NEVER NEVER NEVER gets her period, i mean she gets the famous "symptoms" but never bleeds. I really think that something is wrong but her doctor and her say its perfectly normal. Please help out

Old 06-16-2004, 08:34 PM   #2
(female)

papergoods HB User
Re: Girlfriend NEVER gets period

Geez, please tell me what birthcontrol shes on I want in that club.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2004, 09:25 PM   #3
Veteran

Saka HB User

I've heard also that the depo stops your period as it is administering a constant flow of hormones. There is nothing wrong with this as that is one of the reasons some women get the shot.

As long as she is not getting any bad side effects from it then there is no problem.

Old 06-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #4
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

It will be depo, I really don't understand why any women would want to stop her period, to me it seems horrifically barbaric, hormonal birth control is bad enough to begin with...but yeah it will stop her periods and it is normal if she is on depo - however, surely she could have told you this??

Old 06-17-2004, 09:48 AM   #5
Inactive

KimRick HB User

Yup - that's Depo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseLaws
It will be depo, I really don't understand why any women would want to stop her period, to me it seems horrifically barbaric, hormonal birth control is bad enough to begin with...but yeah it will stop her periods and it is normal if she is on depo - however, surely she could have told you this??

Old 06-18-2004, 08:25 PM   #6

miamimissy HB User

yup I have a friend that was taking the shots and she never had a period, she stopped taking it because she wanted to get a period, haha

Old 06-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #7

Malificent HB User

Yeah, sounds like depo, some women never get periods, some get them for 30 days and then not again for 3 months. Periods are very scant on depo. This is not unusual. Please remind your girlfriend that periods cleanse the vagina every month in ways that normal discharge alone cannot cover. Periods are a pain, but they are helpful in cleansing the vagina.

Old 06-22-2004, 04:57 AM   #8
(female)

ashty99 HB User

I dont get mine either, and i've got Implanon (the little rod they insert into your arm). Its pretty normal, some women just dont get their period when they go on bc that's entirely progestogen. I've been told there's nothing wrong with it, and i'm not having any problems so i'm happy!

Leo

Old 06-22-2004, 12:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Also, some IUD's can halt periods.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:38 PM   #10

verylongday HB User

I was going to mention that some women take BCPs striaght thru for 3 months (or longer) without talking the placebos inorder to suppress their period, but someone beat me too it.

Also, a woman who has very, very low body fat can stop having her cycle.

Additionally, there are some of us who have always had a fairly light flow, and now get none, while on the Pill. Its not abnormal, its just how your body works in conjunction with certain Pills. This was my case for almost 2 years. Recently, I started getting a light flow again (about 6 hours worth). BUt thats it. I am healthy and the doc knows about this -- tis just "life" ;-) (No, I am not complaining!)

Old 06-24-2004, 01:23 PM   #11

TheBassMan HB User

My girlfriend and i had sex about 3 weeks ago. and she hasnt had her period since. Last night we were talking and she sent me this whole thing about ovulation. I began to worry the entire day yesterday and i went paranoid so i brought up the subject. Well she's having the signs of ovulation like back pains or thick white mucus in her vagina. The thing is that i did not *** inside her becasue i had a condom and she couldnt take it anymore so i stopped. I didnt reach my climax or anything. pretty much i didnt have an orgasm with her. But the thing that scares me is that she hasnt had her period in about 3 weeks. the longest shes gone without a period is 7 weeks. Could she be pregnant. i really just need some help or advice on this.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

butterflytrans HB Userbutterflytrans HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseLaws
Why do you think hormonal birth control is "bad enough"?

Closed Thread