It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 04:06 AM   #1

pibiller HB User
No sex drive, What's wrong w/ me?

I am 36 years old and I have no sex drive. I'm just not interested and it's getting to be frustrating to me and my husband. Could it be my thyroid? I'm hypo. I don't have any of the NORMAL symptoms of the meds not working right. I also have had frequent ovarian cysts. Could this be my problem? Or is it that I'm going thru my "change" early? It's getting very frustrating and my husband, though understanding, has voiced that he thinks something is wrong with our relationship. Has anyone else experienced these type of medical problems and also have the problem of no sex drive at the same time? What did you do? I've tried forcing myself to "perform" but that doesn't work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:00 AM   #2

2 Bold HB User
Re: No sex drive, What's wrong w/ me?

Perhaps the best thing you can do is to consult a physician about this. The conditions you've described can very likely have a detremental effect on your sex drive. Also, try being very open w/ your husband. If you haven't done so already, discuss the issue w/ him, I'm sure that he would stay by your side, even at, if not especially at a doctor's office. One last thing, there are certain foods that can increase your sex drive, I`m not sure what all of them are however, I know that mango is one of them. Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2004, 05:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Have you doctor check your free testosterone levels in your blood. Women need testosterone for the sex drive, but at a much lower level than men. He may prescribe a low dose of it.

Good luck,

G

Old 07-09-2004, 09:04 PM   #4

tamnter HB User

HI. I am having the same problem! also having problems getting to an orgasm and problems with dryness. I am also hypo, but i'm not sure my thyroid medicine is working. my temps in the morning are still real low. my doc recently prescribed me testosterone gel due to my blood test showing no readable levels of free testosterone. i'm hoping this will help. but i have been really frustrated! you might have your doc test your FREE TESTOSTERONE.
I was thinking of trying "Avlimil" also. has anyone tried that?

Old 07-10-2004, 07:55 AM   #5
Inactive

Nash-t HB User

Hi,
I don't think anyone here on this board will be able to help you with your problem..unless there quiflied trained people in this field.

About all anyone can do is just tell you about there past experinces/which may or may not work for you??

I recommend you go see a Dr ? Maybe he/she can give you a referel in the right direction. (Theres no telling what your problem might be??)
At age 36 I would think your at the peek of your sexual life?
the best age to have great feeling sex!!!

Perhaps it will be something very simple to over come...!
Good Luck to you/hope you get your sex drive back soon and have happy and great feeling sex.

Closed Thread