It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 06:48 PM   #1

DiamondDust84 HB User
Could I be pregnant?

This is worrying me really bad. I stopped taking my birth control to have a normal preiod. A week later I made love to my boyfriend. We used the pull out method but no condom. I hadnt taken my b/c for a week tho. We know for sure he didnt ejaculate in me. Hes good at timing. But im worried about pre-***. I tried my best to cause him to pre *** and wipe it off before he entered me, if thats possible cause I dont know how many times a man pre ****. Im not having any symptons. I dont have a regual period so I cant tell that way and I get bloated alot cause I have fibro so i cant tell that way either. This just happend sunday so is it too early to have symptons IF i am preg.? I'm most likely not but im worried. What are the chances I am pregnant? I take b/c nonstop cause of really heavy bleeding and bad cramps, so the chanes are lower for me to get preg. right? Could I be preg?
-confused

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-23-2004 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Banned word replaced. Please use proper terminology.

Old 06-23-2004, 07:48 PM   #2
Veteran

Saka HB User
Re: Could I be pregnant?

When taking the pill normally you do stop taking it for 1 week every month to have your period. During this time you can still have sex as normal and not worry about extra protection. This is normal and as long as you started taking the pills again when the 7 days was up I don't think there will be any problem.

And if you were pregant you would not be showing any signs this early.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2004, 09:16 PM   #3

DiamondDust84 HB User

thank you so much I am so relieved! Also, I dont think this is true but, lets say you did make love then like the next day you started taking your b/c again, Can that stop you from getting pregnant? or help reduce the chances?

Old 06-23-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
Veteran

Saka HB User

I've read that if the egg has been fertilised, taking a BCP after the fact will not help. The only way to stop it would be to take the emergency contraception (morning after pill).

Old 06-24-2004, 01:24 PM   #5

TheBassMan HB User
My girlfriend and i had sex about 3 weeks ago. and she hasnt had her period since. Last night we were talking and she sent me this whole thing about ovulation. I began to worry the entire day yesterday and i went paranoid so i brought up the subject. Well she's having the signs of ovulation like back pains or thick white mucus in her vagina. The thing is that i did not *** inside her becasue i had a condom and she couldnt take it anymore so i stopped. I didnt reach my climax or anything. pretty much i didnt have an orgasm with her. But the thing that scares me is that she hasnt had her period in about 3 weeks. the longest shes gone without a period is 7 weeks. Could she be pregnant. i really just need some help or advice on this. someone email me please at [deleted]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-24-2004 at 05:44 PM. Reason: do not post email addresses

Old 06-24-2004, 09:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saka
I've read that if the egg has been fertilised, taking a BCP after the fact will not help. The only way to stop it would be to take the emergency contraception (morning after pill).
This is NOT correct. Emergency contraception is no more effective in terminating a pregnancy than regular birth control pills. Both of them work the same way, and that is by preventing pregnancy. The only difference is that with BCP, the dose is low and constant, with ECP the dose is high and in only two doses, to get it into your system quickly.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:19 AM   #7
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

i think thats what saka meant thisby, that the birth control pills arent as effective as the emergency pill

Closed Thread