It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

Acornn HB User
Orgasms in sleep

For years, I've been having orgasms in my sleep every now and then. They come on on their own, not because I've had an erotic dream or anything.
Does anyone here know anything about that or what causes it to happen in women? Thanks.

Last edited by Acornn; 07-25-2004 at 03:32 PM.

Old 07-25-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: Orgasms in sleep

No clue....all I know is I get them too on the *Very* rare occasion....talking maybe 2-3 times a year.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2004, 06:00 AM   #3
(female)

kewlgirl HB User

I get them too........men get them too....what's called "wet dreams". Totally normal. I've never questioned it, just accept that it happens and move on!

Old 07-26-2004, 09:54 AM   #4
(female)

DazedandConfused HB User
Wink Re: Orgasms in sleep

Yeppers, it is perfectly normal...i guess it is a way for your body to release some tension....i have no complaints

DazedandConfused

Old 07-27-2004, 02:07 PM   #5
Inactive

yomamab HB User

I know that I get them in my sleep, have been for years. It probably happens about once a month or maybe not quite that often. It always wakes me up and my vaginal muscles are contracting like crazy! I also have to pee very badly but have to wait until things calm down because if I try to go to the bathroom before everything is done doing its own thing, I am unable to go. I don't know if a super-full bladder causes some kinds of stimulation and makes the orgasm or if the orgasm causes me to feel like I can hardly make it to the bathroom in time. It's weird that these night orgasms happen but I just accept them as normal for me.

Old 07-27-2004, 07:49 PM   #6
(female)

Acornn HB User

I'm so glad you mentioned a full bladder! I forgot to mention when I posted my topic that I always have a full bladder when that happens. I get up two to three times a night to pee and I think a full bladder may have something to do with the orgasms. I only have them about two or three times a year.

Have any of you actually been swollen, wet and aroused when the orgasm woke you up? That happened to me the last time and I was stunned! That had NEVER happened before.

Old 07-27-2004, 11:14 PM   #7

Katt Fink HB User

What I don't get is how I can ocassionally have random, unprovoked orgasms during sleep, but when I'm awake it usually takes lots of time and stimulation to get me there!

Old 07-28-2004, 08:19 AM   #8

Polaris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink
What I don't get is how I can ocassionally have random, unprovoked orgasms during sleep, but when I'm awake it usually takes lots of time and stimulation to get me there!
I can sum it up in a few words.... total and complete relaxation.

P

Old 07-28-2004, 01:53 PM   #9
(female)

Acornn HB User

I can't have an orgasm through intercourse alone, but have only once, and have them just fine through masturbation. It doesn't bother me at all that I can't have them through intercourse.

Old 07-28-2004, 08:40 PM   #10
(female)

damaged_tirips HB User

About once every month I get them in my sleep, but I get like 2 in a night. Its very strange, but I don't mind it at all.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:15 PM   #11

Babs66 HB User

Wow..this happens to me to. The strange this is that I don't orgasm during intercouse...only from oral. But in my dreams I do. They're so intense too arent' they! No complaints here.

Babs

Old 07-30-2004, 04:28 PM   #12
Inactive

yomamab HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acornn
I'm so glad you mentioned a full bladder! I forgot to mention when I posted my topic that I always have a full bladder when that happens. I get up two to three times a night to pee and I think a full bladder may have something to do with the orgasms. I only have them about two or three times a year.

Have any of you actually been swollen, wet and aroused when the orgasm woke you up? That happened to me the last time and I was stunned! That had NEVER happened before.
Yes, I do kind of have a tendency to think that the orgasms are caused by the bladder being so full. When I wake up, I'm wet and wide open just as if I'd been having sex. It really does feel good, but man, do I ever have to go to the bathroom! It's weird how my vaginal muscles contract so much during these sleep orgasms, much like they do when I masturbate, but I very seldom have a strong orgasm during sex with my husband. If only he'd be into oral. I'm almost certain I could have one that way. Oh well, that's a whole other subject.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:21 PM   #13
(female)

Acornn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomamab
When I wake up, I'm wet and wide open just as if I'd been having sex. It really does feel good, but man, do I ever have to go to the bathroom!
Yes, the type you described above, when we're really wet and swollen and open, do feel good. That type has only happened to me once and I'm curious to see which type I have next time. I must confess; with that last one I had in the night, I had to masturbate because it was just like the arousal I get when having sex or masturbating.

I'm so grateful for a board like this where we get to discuss our personal stuff and find out if others experience the same things as us. And thanks everyone for replying.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:38 PM   #14
Inactive

yomamab HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acornn
I must confess; with that last one I had in the night, I had to masturbate because it was just like the arousal I get when having sex or masturbating.
I have a confession to make too...you're not the only one who's done that.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:42 PM   #15
(female)

Acornn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomamab
I have a confession to make too...you're not the only one who's done that.
When I have them during the night, I've never masturbated before because I wake up, then it's over and I'm only a little wet. With the exception of the last time, when I was totally swollen down there, I wanted to masturbate because it was a totally different feeling down there, just like I was having sex. When I have the 'regular' orgasms in my sleep, I have no desire to do that. I'm looking forward to my next 'nocturnal emission', I can tell you that!

Last edited by Acornn; 07-30-2004 at 05:43 PM.

Closed Thread