It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

evangelgirl77 HB User
painful swollen area in labia? Advice please??

A couple of days ago, I started to experience a tender, slightly painful, itchy feeling around my outer labia. Today I used a mirror to see what was going on, and I saw a large (like 1 cm. by 2 inch) red, raised, somewhat hard/swollen area on my outer labia. (sorry for the gross descriptions ) I know it isn't an ingrown hair/pimple--I've had those before, and this is much bigger. I haven't noticed any new discharges or bad smells or any other symptoms. Any ideas on what this could be? Thanks!

Old 08-16-2004, 01:45 AM   #2

lady4mycowboy HB User
Re: painful swollen area in labia? Advice please??

I am having the same problem. And those little bumps seem to be coming more and more frequently. I've tried to pop them - like a zit - and it doesn't work. Just causes more pain. If anyone has ANY advice or what these things are, please help! I don't know about the previous poster, but mine cause sex to be painful, or at the very least, uncomfortable. Thanks...

Anyone that says happiness is sunshine has never danced in the rain!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2004, 03:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

evangelgirl77, not to sound like an alarmist, but your description sounds like it could be the outbreak of either herpes or syphilis. With syphilis, it's usually more of a single round sore; with herpes, it starts as a cluster of blisters. If there is any chance that this is what you might have, you really should go to a doctor asap for proper diagnosis and treatment. Especially since with both of these conditions the sore will disappear, but you will still have (and transmit) the infection, and in the case of syphilis, can lead to serious heath problems later.

As for your description, lady4mycowboy, your symptoms don't sound like what she described. Her bump is in no way 'little' or zit like.

Old 08-16-2004, 05:01 PM   #4
(female)

evangelgirl77 HB User

I looked at it again today, and it wasn't really all that raised, just more like a red and swollen area. I am a virgin and have never been anywhere near sexually active, so I doubt it's any kind of STD. Besides, I just had a vaginal exam about a week ago, and everything was fine. But maybe... I just wish it would go away, it's driving me crazy!!

Old 08-16-2004, 06:17 PM   #5

JLB284 HB User

Sounds like a cyst.

Closed Thread