It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #1

KateRose HB User
Question UTIs and Anal Play...

My boyfriend and I recently started experimenting with fingering around my anus while we have sex, but the other day, without thinking, he touched my vulva with the same finger he just had around my anus.

I think I have a UTI, which I'm going to the doc tomorrow to get tested for...

But my question is, does anyone have advice about safe anal play? It's frustrating, because it kind of ruins the mood to have to think about where your hands are going, or having a designated hand for the anus and for the ****. It also is frustrating because I like to kind of lie there and bask in the moment right after we have sex, but the whole sanitary issue kind of freaks me out, and all I want him to do is get up and wash his hands, as I don't want him unthinkingly to rub his hand on my arm, or me kiss his hand by accident, or something.

Does anyone else feel this paranoia? Agh, it's very frustrating.

Any stories/advice/ideas would be very helpful

THANKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 09:57 PM   #2

sensibleshoes HB User
Re: UTIs and Anal Play...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateRose
But my question is, does anyone have advice about safe anal play? It's frustrating, because it kind of ruins the mood to have to think about where your hands are going, or having a designated hand for the anus and for the ****. It also is frustrating because I like to kind of lie there and bask in the moment right after we have sex, but the whole sanitary issue kind of freaks me out, and all I want him to do is get up and wash his hands, as I don't want him unthinkingly to rub his hand on my arm, or me kiss his hand by accident, or something.

Does anyone else feel this paranoia? Agh, it's very frustrating.

Any stories/advice/ideas would be very helpful

THANKS!
There's a few schools of thought on the bacteria in your intestinal tract and whether or not it causes serious health risks and where it might do so.

Here's a few ideas: You routinely have this bacteria on your vulva after defecating, no matter how thoroughly you wipe with paper. You stand just as great a risk of getting a UTI from this as you do from anal play, then touching.

Some people believe that since you routinely have ecoli bacteria in your intestinal tract, that oral-anal contact doesn't pose much of a risk either. (still don't know if I buy that.)

Your urinary tract is considered to be sterile because it is a more closed system. It takes quite a breach of this system to get a UTI that involves intestinal bacteria. Honeymoon cystitis types of infections are seldom ecoli unless I'm very badly informed.

That doesn't make it impossible, of course. MOst of the angst you're feeling is mental, but some common sense rules can help you feel more comfortable as well as keep you safer.

Stock some of these items in your nightstand. Extra condoms, disinfectant baby wipes, listerine, hand sanitizer. If you don't like the idea of worrying about where that finger goes next, have him put a condom on his finger first. Or use the hand sanitizer immediately afterward. Alternately, grab a baby wipe and clean whatever is worrying you. And if you choose to have any oral/anal contact, a swig of listerine goes a long way toward killing germs in the mouth. Keep a glass nearby to spit into if you don't want to head to the sink. (somehow, I don't think that's going to be an issue for you! And obviously if you choose to go as far as having anal sex, he should be wearing a condom, or HE could risk a UTI.

Another great idea is to restrict any anal play to the shower. Instant soap and water brings a lot of peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 02:15 AM   #3
(female)

Lilac Wine HB User
Re: UTIs and Anal Play...

I have never had a uti/kidney/bladder infection in my life up until I started experimenting with anal sex. I have since had 2 within 5 months.

Closed Thread