It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 09:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User
No feeling in vagina? Feeling nothing during sex?

My best friend just confided in me that she no longer has ANY feeling internally during sex. Complete numbness. She's had no loss of bladder control, though. Clitorally she has some, but not enough to ever reach orgasm. This is causing some problems for her and her hubby. (who thinks it's him or that she's not attracted to him. You know how men are.) She always enjoyed sex before the birth of her baby, but has been able to feel nothing since and it's been 9 months. She had a really rough forcepts delivery (the baby was face up and ear first) and I have to wonder if she sustained some kind of nerve damage? Anyone heard of anything like this before? She asked her (FEMALE!!!) doctor about this at her last visit and was given a dismissive answer. She also can feel a vaginal potrusion from time to time that feels like her cervix, and wonders if she may have a uterine prolapse too. The doctor told her it was probably just the remnants of her hymen???!!! After giving birth? She didn't even do a pelvic exam to check her out. I know she needs a different doc. I can't believe a female ob/gyn would be so dismissive on this subject. I was just wondering if anyone has had or heard of similar experiences.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 09-07-2004, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User
Re: No feeling in vagina? Feeling nothing during sex?

I have never heard of this. To me it does sound like she may have sustained some sort of nerve damage from her delivery. She should definately see another doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 09:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I never heard of this either? I was thinking a Harmone inblance maybe?
Even if a female has her utrus removed (hysterectomy) and parts of her female gland (cervix) after recovery usally she gets the sexual feelings back for the pleasure!...get a second medical opinion!..I.M.O

Old 09-08-2004, 10:53 AM   #4

99sporty HB User

I have not either.

Last edited by 99sporty; 09-08-2004 at 11:03 AM.

Closed Thread