It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2004, 04:47 PM   #1

janey_mathers HB User
HELP, HUGE lump inside vagina.

I'm sorry if this has been before posted but im so scared - impatient. I have a massive lump inside my vagina, about the side of an oversized ping pong ball?
I was masturbating and i found it, about 2-3 inches inside and on one side you can get your finger past it, but on the other you can get you finger only a cm as it is attached to the wall. I have no idea what to do, i am only 16 so i have never had a smear. I hav never noticed this before and am totally mortified. It's extremely smooth in comparison to the rest of the vagina. It feels like a sudden curve toward my front. Please please help, i'm so worried.

Old 09-10-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

reni HB User
Re: HELP, HUGE lump inside vagina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janey_mathers
I have no idea what to do, i am only 16 so i have never had a smear. I hav never noticed this before and am totally mortified.
You go to the doctor and have them check you out

Because of its location, it is possible that you are feeling you G-spot, although I have never heard it described as a "massive lump." You're sure you're not touching your cervix, right? It would be in a little deeper, but still reachable with your fingers. It's hard like the tip of your nose and a pretty decent size. Or how about your pubic bone? I'm just throwing out some ideas of the normal things you might be feeling. But if none of these sound right (and even if they do), make an appointment with a gynecologist. I know the thought sounds scary, but you can't ignore a big lump in your vagina. Can you tell your mom?

The Following User Says Thank You to reni For This Useful Post:
XRachelJanettX (10-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2004, 07:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I've never heard of the G-spot being described as a bump before either, so I would seriously doubt it's that. However, since the cervix is actually near the size of half a pingpong ball (definitely not like the tip of MY nose!) it could be that. The cervix is also very smooth. It should be on the 'front' (bladder side) of your vagina, near the end. I would consider having an exam just to check things out. You are certainly old enough.

Old 09-10-2004, 08:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

Hi Janey, U definately need an examination. A GYN can probably tell you right away what it is. Its not unusual to have cysts in the vaginal wall. Have had a few removed myself. The cysts have always been small and benign.

Old 09-11-2004, 01:15 AM   #5

janey_mathers HB User

Thanks for you help and suggestions, I'm not quite as hysterical. I'm going to get a doctors appointment asap. tyx

Last edited by janey_mathers; 09-11-2004 at 01:16 AM.

Old 09-24-2004, 07:19 PM   #6

alliemay HB User

when your turned on the g spot swells into a lump

Old 09-25-2004, 04:47 AM   #7
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

Where exactly is it: 2-3 inches in does that mean the wall or just up in the vagina, are you due your period soon?
It could have been the cervix.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #8
(female)

Has Questions HB User

Did you ever find out what the lump was? I would really like to know!

Old 12-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #9
(female)

Quirk HB User
Arrow Re: HELP, HUGE lump inside vagina.

a few months ago, i was diagnosed with hpv so i would "finger-douche" myself to constantly check for changes. i was overly paranoid, and one day i came across this HUGE lump and i was completely petrified that i was going to die or something. i eventually went to the doctor and they said it was my cervix. they were surprised i found it, because it's pretty far in, but but it's definitely possible to feel it. i'm most sure that's what it is

Old 12-15-2005, 01:46 PM   #10
(female)

MashPotatos! HB User
Thumbs up Re: HELP, HUGE lump inside vagina.

Hi Janey!
If you are still having that problem or if you are still checking this post out, I must tell you that I had a similar problem. I notcied a huge lump in my vagina and it was about a week after my OBGYN visit and everything tested came back ok....so I had so idea what to do execpt go back to the OBGYN. When she was examining me she told me that us women have glands down there and sometime they can get clogged with bateria (good or bad) I can't remember the exact medical name.....but it is def. something that can happen if you have a bacterial std or not! so don't fret! In my case she knew it was not since I had just been checked.....
But, I must warn you!!!! it's was painful to drain *eek I know that sounds gross*! but after she did the minor surgey it was the biggest relief! and I have never had a problem with it again. So if that is your case go to the doctor right away, it's quick and painful but you will feel 100 times better!

Old 12-15-2005, 03:27 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

neflin HB User

Does not sound like the G-Spot as that generally does not swell up that size and doubtful that if she had been masturbating that she would have found it. Should have this checked out immediately. Possibly a cyst.

It could be the glands leading to the G-Spot. They are close to the urethea and you may have an infection. Could be all controlled to the bladder. I have heard some women have the glands taken out but I would not as having a pleasurable G-Spot is also very nice to have. Get to the doctor on this.

Last edited by neflin; 12-15-2005 at 03:30 PM. Reason: adding

Old 12-18-2005, 05:11 AM   #12
(male)

Wildman HB User

I hope I don't come across as overly alarming, but my wife has a client who found a similar lump like yours, and in the same place. She got medical advice and initially it was thought that she had some rare vaginal cancer. After further testing, it was determined that she has leukemia (not sure what type yet, tests are still being carried out).

Get to a Dr. ASAP! It may be nothing, it may be life-threatening.

Good luck.

Wildman

Old 12-18-2005, 10:06 AM   #13
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User

I have a lump, too, around the same size and they said it's nothing; just part of my vagina. It could just be nothing. Do let us know what they said - I'm interested.

Last edited by The joy of Jane; 12-18-2005 at 10:12 AM.

Closed Thread