It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2004, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

scared04 HB User
vaginal tear

Hey ladies....question.......Has anyone ever had small tears in the vaginal area after sex (maybe from friction??)??? I get these from time to time and they can be painful, they go away pretty quickly, but I wanted to see if it was abnormal........

Old 09-20-2004, 07:45 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: vaginal tear

It can be from friction from not being wet enough or is his pubic hair long and maybe rubbing you there too long? Try putting some vasaline there before you have sex, maybe that will protect it a bit better. Just a suggestion

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2004, 12:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Are you using condoms with spermicide? That can be very irritating.

Yes, sometimes my husband and I have problems with this, so we use lube every time, no matter what, just in case. It is probably not a good idea to use an oil based lubricant like vasaline in that area. It can cause bacterial growth and other problems. Stick with water based lubes like K-Y (available at the drug store) or Astroglide (sex shops).

Good luck.

Old 09-21-2004, 10:56 AM   #4
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

HEY! yeah this is normal.. i have the same problem and SOMETIMES it happens, SOMETIMES it doesn't.. i asked my gynecologist and they said its normal... just rough sex or a lot of friction.. OR sex often could do it! i don't use anything on it.. i just try to be careful and i notice that sometimes certain positions cause it more! yeahh those can really HURT! i hate it.. but yes mine go away quickly too! good luck! i wish i could have a good way to stop it.. my gynecologist told me i could get some cream to put on the cuts, but i didnt get any.. i was just really trying to make sure nothing was WRONG with me!

Old 09-22-2004, 01:15 PM   #5
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

Penis, sex toys and tampons call all tear the vaginal walls, it's down to two things - 1. stretching, 2. dryness. If you are healthy and getting enough lubrication it shouldn't really happen, but sometimes lubrication is needed, also of course many times women don't even notice - tampons for example can often cause vaginal tairing due to them being so dry and absorbing your natural fluids but are rarely noticed.
It's not abnormal, as long as you go practice safe sex - regular check-up's, stay infection free then it shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you really get a serious tear.

Old 09-25-2004, 08:49 AM   #6
(female)

scared04 HB User

Thanks for the responses! I have had one particular tear for the past week that seems like it doesn't want to go away. I thought I got it from being on my period (wiping more often) and then when I was done with my period I had sex, so I guess maybe that didn't help. What can I put on it to make it heal...it is not actually on the opening to my vagina but rather to the side....

Old 09-25-2004, 11:19 AM   #7
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

Yeah I have got them at the bottom of the opening AND the sides.. the worst is when it starts at the bottom and goes all the way up!! YEOW! Yeah some DO take longer than others to heal and mine kept reopening every time they healed, grr! i DO think that sometimes it's easier to get them after your period and I think using tampons can cause them to reopen if they just healed, even if the tampons are slim.

Old 09-26-2004, 06:29 PM   #8
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE
Yeah I have got them at the bottom of the opening AND the sides.. the worst is when it starts at the bottom and goes all the way up!! YEOW! Yeah some DO take longer than others to heal and mine kept reopening every time they healed, grr! i DO think that sometimes it's easier to get them after your period and I think using tampons can cause them to reopen if they just healed, even if the tampons are slim.
Yes, tampons can often cause unnoticed vaginal tearing at the best of time, with added risk because tampons increase risk of infection, tampons are best avoided at any time, but if you already have vaginal tearing putting a chemical filled wad of dry matterial that will absorb your vaginal fluids is not at all a good idea, pads, cups or free-flow should be used if you experience vaginal splitting.

Old 09-27-2004, 11:15 AM   #9
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

Ohh well I only experience these tears AFTER my period not during.. since the tampon makes the skin around the around dryer and more sensitive, and it rips afterwards.. not actually when using the tampons. I used to use pads but now I only use tampons... I really do not like pads at all.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:08 PM   #10
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

If you are experiencing tearing after using tampons perhaps it might be a good idea if you switched to something else, there are 15 differant menstrual options out there, if you want an internal product there are always cups, much easier to use and FAR safer than tampons, they wouldn't cause vaginal tearing unless you were REALLY rough with them.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:31 PM   #11
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User
Noooo... I think I am confusing you... sex is causing the tears.. not the tampons! That's what I meant... sorry for the confusion..

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-27-2004 at 07:11 PM. Reason: off topic part removed.

Old 10-17-2004, 04:18 PM   #12

applejuice75 HB User

does it hurt these tears even more when you pee?? I think I have a tear from tampons/rough sex and it hurts a lot when I pee, not in the urethra but in the vagina.

Old 10-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #13
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

if the pee gets on the tear/cut then it burns! sometimes it does pretty bad depending on how bad the tear is. Does it BURN or STING when you pee or more hurt?

Last edited by BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE; 10-18-2004 at 03:01 PM.

Closed Thread