It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

fate13 HB User
Question Thick white discharge

I get a thick white discharge about a week after every period. It doesn't itch, burn or smell. But, there can be quite a bit of it. Like when I am using the restroom I can push and about a tablespoon full will come out. Or when I have sex it can be quite messy. It looks about the consistancy of a mans ejaculat. Should I be worried or is this quite normal? Also, If I'm having sex with my bf and he lifts my legs while I am on my back it is very painfull. Thanks for any responses.

Old 10-12-2004, 08:25 AM   #2

Balu HB User
Re: Thick white discharge

I get the same thick white-ish discharge as well. I can't say exactly what it is, but I don't think it's harmful. I think our bodies just secrete extra fluids to wash out our system. If you're truly worried about it, check it out with your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 11:03 AM   #3

mel22max HB User
I am pretty sure it is normal, of course every female is different. If it become a consistant thing I would seek medical advice, but if it is just before your monthly visit then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Now, if there is blood or anything else that does not appear right then get check out. And if you are sexually active that could play a big part in the discharge as well (example, if he ejaculates in you)

Last edited by Mod-S4; 10-12-2004 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Note edit to your post. Please use proper terminology.

Old 10-12-2004, 11:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

reni HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate13
I get a thick white discharge about a week after every period. It doesn't itch, burn or smell. But, there can be quite a bit of it. Like when I am using the restroom I can push and about a tablespoon full will come out. Or when I have sex it can be quite messy. It looks about the consistancy of a mans ejaculat. Should I be worried or is this quite normal? Also, If I'm having sex with my bf and he lifts my legs while I am on my back it is very painfull. Thanks for any responses.
It's most likely cervical mucus that signals your fertile period. Typically women ovulate two weeks before their next period, and at this time the cervical mucus (discharge) changes from thin and tacky to abundant and clear and slippery like egg whites. If you're getting this every month at the same time, that's what it is. Thank your body for letting you know when your fertile period is

As for the sex, that position probably allows for deeper penetration and he's probably hitting your cervix. Ow, that can hurt. Tell him to quit it.

The following user gives a hug of support to reni:
DeeCurious1 (11-20-2011)
Old 10-12-2004, 01:21 PM   #5

jasmine1976 HB User

I have this EXACT same thing happen but I've never worried about it, it only happens for a couple of days and not every month. Usually pretty thick though after my morning exercises. I think mine happens after my period though. As for positions, sometimes I can be as limber as can be and sometimes it hurts my stomach, so I just don't do that position. I don't think it's a medical condition, although I could be wrong.

Closed Thread