It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2004, 05:15 AM   #1
(female)

Apple pie HB User
Unhappy i want my smooth vagina back! PLZ HELP!

Hi there.. my problem started when when shaved my vulva area!!, after that it started itching, and by time the skin color had changed, it aint PINK anymore although my skin isnt dark! ive been told that Retin A cream may solve my prob! because im sure that the top layers of my skin need to be peeled off. and its really upseting me, coz i like to be perfect in every way

Last edited by Apple pie; 11-10-2004 at 01:29 PM.

Old 11-07-2004, 05:34 AM   #2

jvossrn HB User
Re: i want my smooth vagina back!

I'd be sure to seek the advice of a dermatologist or physician. The skin in that area is super sensitive and may respond adversely to rememdies that work just fine for the face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2004, 05:39 AM   #3

zcousin HB User

Had the same problem when I shaved my genital area it was my 1st time I messed up I used a guy shaver that had 3 blades mach 3 and I didn't use enough shaving cream.... Also never pput nething on after it hurt so amazingly bad for weeks it started with an unbarable burn that hurt so bad then it had alot of little red bumps only in the area i shaved it itched alot after that. Took over 1 month and 2 weeks and i still have 2 red bumps left from it and its not acne cause I have never got acne in my genital areas! My girlfriend felt bad for me lol!

Last edited by killerzcousin; 11-07-2004 at 05:41 AM.

Old 11-07-2004, 07:13 AM   #4
(female)

Apple pie HB User

Hey thanks.. but i know lots of girls that used Retin-A on their vulve and it just worked fine with them. the prob is that i have been using it for 4 days and my skin isnt peeling yet! which is really annoying! the area needs to be exposed to air but imagine me sitting without underwear all the time! i cant do that!!

Last edited by Apple pie; 11-11-2004 at 03:51 AM.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Just thought I'd point out that you are not shaving or putting stuff on your vagina. I doubt sincerely that you are getting a shaver up in there. You are shaving your vulva and thighs. As for what you can do about it, unfortunately I think you will just have to let time do it's thing once the damage has been done. If you start trying to 'burn' off the top layers of skin, you could be asking for more trouble.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

you dont have acne, you have irritation bumps. Buy some bikini zone and some baby powder then leave your poor skin alone, lol. I just dont think an acne cream will help at all, sorry. Oh and quit shaving it!

Old 11-07-2004, 08:23 AM   #7

IHATEACNE1111 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
Just thought I'd point out that you are not shaving or putting stuff on your vagina. I doubt sincerely that you are getting a shaver up in there. You are shaving your vulva and thighs. As for what you can do about it, unfortunately I think you will just have to let time do it's thing once the damage has been done. If you start trying to 'burn' off the top layers of skin, you could be asking for more trouble.
yeah ok two weeks ago i shaved my pubic region and got ingrown hairs all over the place...heres the trick...moisturize...then put triple antibiotic all around the region...sure it feels really gross, but it kills all the bacteria and preevents further inflamation. I did it and got rid of all that in less than a week.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:26 AM   #8
(female)

Apple pie HB User

im sorry.. but what do u exactly mean by antibiotic..?? see the thing is, wat im suffering from is not the bumps,, its the dark skin! although im white! so imagine how ugly it looks to have this part darker than the rest of your body!!

Old 11-07-2004, 08:29 AM   #9
(female)

Apple pie HB User

Oops.. i know what antibiotic means... but TRIPLE?? can u plz explain more to me!

Old 11-07-2004, 10:42 AM   #10
(female)

ibtara86 HB User

Triple antibiotic cream is just an antibotic cream. lol It says "Triple antibiotic cream" on the pack though. It works better than just the normal. :-) Hope this helps!

Old 11-07-2004, 01:20 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

They just call it "triple" b/c it has three different types of antibiotics in it. One of the brand names here in the US is neosporin.

I have to agree with the other poster, you do not have acne. So putting acne cream on it is probably not going to help. Maybe try looking into products designed for men to use on their faces after shaving.

Where did you get the Retina-A? Is it prescription strength? I do not think it is a good idea to attempt to force a peel in that area. That could just cause even more damage. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but probably the only thing that is really going to help is time. If time doesn't do it, you might need to go to the doc.

I am sure your boyfriend won't even care about any of this, he might not even notice (men can be clueless sometimes!). If he does notice, the two of you can probably have a good laugh about it.

Good luck.

Old 11-07-2004, 01:47 PM   #12
(female)

Apple pie HB User

Oh.. hehehe i see.! sorry its just that Umm English isnt my native langauge! i hope i find it here in the Gulf!! thanks guys anyways. im not really embaressed of my Bf.! its not like we are gona have sex now or anything! i mean we are going to get married soon, but i just wanted things to be perfect you know! and i decided not to shave ever and stick to waxing! as it really makes the area softer and sexier!

Last edited by Apple pie; 11-11-2004 at 03:53 AM.

Old 11-07-2004, 03:02 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

vintagegirl HB User

Why, oh WHY do you girls shave down there? If we were MEANT to have no hair in that area, our bodies would NEVER have produced it there. It's obviously there for some reason. You can still be neat and trim without scalping yourself. Remember, just like the overplucking of eyebrows--or any hair in general--you could permanently damage the hair follicles and end up looking like a real clown.....

Old 11-07-2004, 03:12 PM   #14
(female)

Apple pie HB User

wait a sec!! are you telling me, you dont shave down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.! i dunno, but i think it looks much cleaner and softer for your man, i mean what about Oral sex.!! hehe.. did you know that we Arabs MUST shave our pubic area! there is noway on earth any girl would just trim it!

Old 11-07-2004, 05:55 PM   #15
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegirl
Why, oh WHY do you girls shave down there? If we were MEANT to have no hair in that area, our bodies would NEVER have produced it there. It's obviously there for some reason.
This isnt' entirely true. Way back when - when we didn't wear clothes or as many - the pubc hair served a purpose similar to the eyebrows, ear hair and nose hair = keeping things out of our mucous membranes.
However, we wear clothes now, which protect our genital areas - so the hair really doesn't serve any purpose now. But evolution takes a bit longer to catch up to the latest fashion trends (like clothing).
Shaving/Waxing, trimming/removal can actually improve hygeine if done correctly, because hair can harbour bacteria and sweat (causing odors) more easily.
There's nothing wrong with remvoing genital hair, the body isn't going to miss it, or not be able to function with out it.

Closed Thread