It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2004, 04:21 AM   #1

Jamjo HB User
Red face Is there a technique to delay a man's orgasm

I do not want to seem like a sex-starved fiend but just wanted to know if there is simple way (without being too graphic of course) to be done. I take so long myself that I give up.
So i figured if I could maybe prolong his I would be more satisfied.

I am not even sure on average how long it takes for a man. No..i do not use a timer but just very curious?

Last edited by Jamjo; 11-11-2004 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Just changed title

Old 11-11-2004, 06:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: Is there a technique to prolong a man's orgasm

Go to your local adult store (if there is one near you) and talk to the people there. They will have some suggestions. There are some creams that make the man less sensitive. There are also some small devices that that they can wear (I'm not getting graphic)

And every man is going to be different when it comes to time. Maybe you're just one hot mama and he can't control himself lol !! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2004, 08:32 AM   #3

Jamjo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiera1595
Go to your local adult store (if there is one near you) and talk to the people there. They will have some suggestions. There are some creams that make the man less sensitive. There are also some small devices that that they can wear (I'm not getting graphic)

And every man is going to be different when it comes to time. Maybe you're just one hot mama and he can't control himself lol !! Good luck!
Cool...I think there is. I have always been shy to go in and ask. Thanks for the suggestion. Probably go in disguise...smile...

I am acting like some naive little girl. I've known my husband for 16 years, married for 11. I feel so stupid!!! Thanks for acknowledging the need without making me feel abnormal. I have seen a liquid in an asian products store but I always apprehensive about buying.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

There are condoms sold with a desensitizing gel on the inside. They are called Delay. You can probably find them in sex shops.

Old 11-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I'm assuming you're actually looking to delay his orgasm, not prolong it, right? Well, first off, you need a willing partner. There are a lot of things a guy can do on his own to try to put it off, and as suggested, you can try some desensitizing creams but as far as what you can do on your own, is make sure he isn't getting stimulated enough, and that YOU are. Try to make it that you are getting more of the benefit of foreplay, not him. If it takes you 20 minutes to have an orgasm, but it only takes him 10, get that extra 10 minutes before him! I know it may feel like a selfish thing to do, but it evens out in the end. This sort of ties in with your other thread in that it seems like you are putting his pleasure first. Time for you to get a little selfish!

(btw, analog2000, if the desensitizing cream is on the inside, but the condom is rolled up, how does the cream STAY on the inside, since each side is in complete contact with the other? this baffles me...)

Old 11-11-2004, 10:58 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User

Jamjo, I'm glad that you asked this question and someone has posed the possibility of using a numbing cream. I might try that on my husband too! I had never really thought about it, but maybe that's the solution for me too. I hate to say it, but my husband is selfish when it comes to sex and I very seldom have an orgasm. His idea of foreplay is a kiss on the mouth before he hops on. I've tried to get him to do oral or any other type of foreplay, but there's just no convincing him. Maybe if I can get him to use that cream, it will at least give me enough time to hopefully get there before he lets go. I really get tired of this, but between his working and going to school, he has very little time for anything else. So I guess he doesn't want to bother with the foreplay. I really do get disgusted about it, but if I bring up the subject or oral, etc. then I'm nagging. Of course, I suppose that the idea of numbing cream wouldn't suit him either, since it would be delaying things, which would be taking up more of his time, so it would kind of defeat the whole idea for him of skipping the foreplay to save time.

Old 11-11-2004, 01:07 PM   #7
(male)

18AndDumb HB User

If he goes twice within quick succession of each other (20 minute break or so) then it will take him much longer on the second. Maybe try that. Aside from that I don't know many tricks to delay it, but maybe you could just have him start with oral on you or something and once you're going pretty good, just go to full intercourse.

Old 11-11-2004, 01:24 PM   #8

GulfVetRog HB User

I have heard about the creams and the little devices mentioned before, but havent tried either. I have thought about trying one of those little devices but actually havent really heard what women think of them.
As for prolonging myself...i am the complete opposite of "comeonnow's" husband.....sorry, but when it comes to oral sex, im there, and almost always am told-thats enough Even then i dont want to stop...but--thats how i am able to prolong myself and give a woman plenty of pleasure before me.

Last edited by GulfVetRog; 11-11-2004 at 01:24 PM.

Old 11-11-2004, 03:11 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
if the desensitizing cream is on the inside, but the condom is rolled up, how does the cream STAY on the inside, since each side is in complete contact with the other?
That is an excellent question! I didn't think about the rolled up part. I can only say that I have tried them (I am female) and I didn't notice any effect, but my partner definitely did. I suppose maybe only a little sticks to the outside? Manufacturing processes are amazing - so that could be it. Sometimes if I get spermicide in my mouth it feels numb, but I have never noticed any numbing when using spermicidal condoms for intercourse. Maybe different tissue reacts differently?

I just don't know. This is going to bother me now.

Old 11-11-2004, 03:54 PM   #10

Jamjo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonnow
Jamjo, I'm glad that you asked this question and someone has posed the possibility of using a numbing cream. I might try that on my husband too! I had never really thought about it, but maybe that's the solution for me too. I hate to say it, but my husband is selfish when it comes to sex and I very seldom have an orgasm. His idea of foreplay is a kiss on the mouth before he hops on. I've tried to get him to do oral or any other type of foreplay, but there's just no convincing him. Maybe if I can get him to use that cream, it will at least give me enough time to hopefully get there before he lets go. I really get tired of this, but between his working and going to school, he has very little time for anything else. So I guess he doesn't want to bother with the foreplay. I really do get disgusted about it, but if I bring up the subject or oral, etc. then I'm nagging. Of course, I suppose that the idea of numbing cream wouldn't suit him either, since it would be delaying things, which would be taking up more of his time, so it would kind of defeat the whole idea for him of skipping the foreplay to save time.
I am so glad I have this forum to use. It is so freeing to pose these questions without fear of feeling stupid and judged. I suppose the anonymity helps. I am going to try the cream. Wish me luck. I think he'll go for it...I hope!!!

I don't think I saw the cream though it was like a paint on liquid. cannot remember the name but it was asian.

Old 11-11-2004, 03:59 PM   #11

Jamjo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18AndDumb
If he goes twice within quick succession of each other (20 minute break or so) then it will take him much longer on the second. Maybe try that. Aside from that I don't know many tricks to delay it, but maybe you could just have him start with oral on you or something and once you're going pretty good, just go to full intercourse.
On the second..You mean men can have more than one orgasm on one night?

Old 11-11-2004, 04:08 PM   #12

Jamjo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfVetRog
I have heard about the creams and the little devices mentioned before, but havent tried either. I have thought about trying one of those little devices but actually havent really heard what women think of them.
As for prolonging myself...i am the complete opposite of "comeonnow's" husband.....sorry, but when it comes to oral sex, im there, and almost always am told-thats enough Even then i dont want to stop...but--thats how i am able to prolong myself and give a woman plenty of pleasure before me.
Good for you mate!!!

Pity some men don't feel the same.

Old 11-11-2004, 04:10 PM   #13

Jamjo HB User

I wonder how soon these creams take to wear off.....

Old 11-11-2004, 04:12 PM   #14

GulfVetRog HB User

Well---like i said up there alil bit ago. That is something i truely truely love. One woman joked with me about opening an Oral Therapy business lol, i just told her to spread my name around lol
Til Next Time---See Ya All

Old 11-11-2004, 08:57 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

wildcat66 HB User

From a guys view, lean to just slow down and stop movement when he is readdy to let loose. Tell him to let you know when so u can stop movement.He should lean to recognize the feeling. Those creams and condoms treated with that stuff suck, they make the penis numb and made me go soft before i climaxed .Some guys last longer than others or each time is different. Speaking for myself if its been awhile it can be shorter than other times. The second time around i can stay hard and keep going until my legs as well as my girlfriends are so weak they feel like they are made of jelly!

Last edited by wildcat66; 11-11-2004 at 08:59 PM.

Closed Thread