It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

wonderfulmomma HB User
Not Quite sure......

im not quite sure but what are the chances of getting pregnant off pre-***, i stopped the ortho evra patch a month ago and im not sure when my period is soppsed to be here so should i be worried or not even though he pulled out everytime?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
(female)

tictac HB User
Re: Not Quite sure......

Well I've gotten pregnant TWICE by good old coitus interruptus (pulling out), so believe me, it's not a reliable method. (Some people never learn, but I did get 2 great kids out of it) So yes, you can get pregnant from precum, and a man can ejaculate a little before he actually thinks he's doing it. Please be careful, it can happen!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 09:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User

Yep, you can get pregnant from pre-***. The sperm in the pre-*** want to reach the egg too and are just as strong as those in ejaculate. The pull-out method isn't all that effective, as you can see from tictac's experience!

Old 12-21-2004, 10:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecpcpj
Yep, you can get pregnant from pre-***. The sperm in the pre-*** want to reach the egg too and are just as strong as those in ejaculate.
Actually, most medical souces say that this is not true. In fact a lot of men have pre-*** with no semen at all. The risk comes with poor control of the withdrawal method, and the presence of semen from previous ejaculations.

That said, the planned parenthood website says that the failure rate of this method is 27% with typical use.

The point is, even if there is no semen in his pre-ejaculatory fluid, if there was a previous ejaculation, there will be semen there, and if he's not waaaaay early with is withdrawal, you're just asking for trouble. It is a TERRIBLE method of birth control with one of the highest failure rates.

So yeah, if I were you, wonderfulmomma, I'd be a little worried...

Old 12-22-2004, 02:56 PM   #5
(female)

Colleen04 HB User

From what I have read about pre-*** (cause I wanted to know what the chance of pregancy as well), just like thisby said, there really isn't actual semen in precum. Semen and precum come from different parts of the male body But, also like Thisby said if that male has recently ejaculated than there could be left over semen mixed in it. I've also read though that once the man pees the sperm die. Then precum goes back to it's normal state (without semen). But the pullout method is another story because a sperm might be left behind after you pull out and increase the risk of pregnancy.

Old 12-24-2004, 03:50 PM   #6
(female)

wonderfulmomma HB User

Thanks alot for the feedback , you've helped me a bunch
i have actully taken a test and its negative so nothing to worry about for now but no more pulling out for him , i am also going to take another test in two weeks just to be sure

Old 12-25-2004, 05:35 PM   #7
(female)

wonderfulmomma HB User
Question Re: Not Quite sure......

i took a prego test yesteray but it was negative (thank goodness) but ive have been cramping so terribly that i cant get out of bed most of the time , im thinking that its because im about to start my period but then at the same time i dont know because ive have never cramped in my whole life and im out of the whole 12 years ive had a period

Closed Thread