It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2004, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

tictac HB User
Stretched out labia?

My b/f and I have a very active sex life and do it several times a day sometimes. I've been noticing lately that my labia seem to be more stretched and hang a little lower than before. Does anyone know if this can happen from alot of sex or is it just my imagination? My b/f says I look "ragged out" down there. Nice, huh?

Old 12-27-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: Stretched out labia?

Real nice! Maybe you should tell him there won't be any sex for a few weeks while your vulva has time to recover.

As for your problem, I know that from arousal, the vulva can get enlarged - it's a natural physical thing - and if you're having sex as often as you are, there's obviously a connection. And logic tells me that if a body part gets a real workout, it stands to reason that there might be visible phyical effects from it, but I would think that it should go back to normal if given a chance. I doubt it's permanent, although it's possible that after a while (and I'm talking years) that it could become so. Sorry that's a wishy-washy answer, but I don't know of any hard facts on this one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2004, 09:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

Yes this happens, especially if your bf foolishly nibbles and tugs on it like mine does (he likes the look). No it does not go back into place. My sister had to have a labiaplasty because her labia was hanging so much it would rub on her panties and bleed......

Old 12-27-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
Real nice! Maybe you should tell him there won't be any sex for a few weeks while your vulva has time to recover.

As for your problem, I know that from arousal, the vulva can get enlarged - it's a natural physical thing - and if you're having sex as often as you are, there's obviously a connection. And logic tells me that if a body part gets a real workout, it stands to reason that there might be visible phyical effects from it, but I would think that it should go back to normal if given a chance. I doubt it's permanent, although it's possible that after a while (and I'm talking years) that it could become so. Sorry that's a wishy-washy answer, but I don't know of any hard facts on this one.
Thisby,
Shes talking about her labia, not her vulva. I am assuming you are a man or a very young woman.

Old 12-27-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Thisby is correct, Tomsgirl, as the vulva includes the labia which does in fact become engorged when stimulated.

Old 12-27-2004, 12:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgirl
Thisby,
Shes talking about her labia, not her vulva. I am assuming you are a man or a very young woman.

The external genital organs of the female are known as the vulva and this consists of the labia majora and labia minora. Thisby is correct.

Old 12-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo64
Thisby is correct, Tomsgirl, as the vulva includes the labia which does in fact become engorged when stimulated.
Rms and Jojo,
I understand that perfectley. The OP was concerned about the size or should I say streching of her labia, they will not shrink back to norm after her sexual encounter(s). I guess I am not explaining myself correctley here. Sorry. Like someone else posted, some women have consmetic surgurey to reduce the (non swollen) labia. Check out the cosmetic surgery section on this site. Sorry if I misunderstood or didnt explain myself.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgirl
Thisby,
Never assume, Tomsgirl. LOL
I know exactly what I'm talking about, and let me assure you that after marathon sex w/my bf and my vulva is looking pretty stressed - and I'm including my inner and outer labia - it goes back to 'normal' after a few days, how long depends on the extent of the workout. The original poster did not specify inner or outer labia, or how long it's been that way or how long between sessions, so I chose to refer to both, just in case, and offer the possibility of it just being swelling. Jumping to the suggestion of surgury is a little premature, IMO.

But thanks for the attempted correction.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:44 PM   #9
(female)

tictac HB User

Actually it's both the inner and outer labia that seem to have stretched. Unfortunately, it's there well after the swelling has gone down. Maybe I'm just not giving them a chance to recover. I just hate the thought of them remaining so "flappy" looking. Not attractive at all. Yuck! Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Old 12-27-2004, 08:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User

Yes! This can happen from a lot of intercourse. Everytime you have sex the labia stretches out and it can get stretched out for good.

Old 12-28-2004, 12:06 PM   #11
(male)

pilguss HB User

And just so you know, not all men find this look to be unattractive or "ragged out."
Billy

Old 12-28-2004, 12:11 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilguss
And just so you know, not all men find this look to be unattractive or "ragged out."
Billy

I would think that most men wouldn't care either...Afterall it is totally normal and they cause it

Old 12-28-2004, 03:09 PM   #13
(female)

tictac HB User

Man, if this is going to be permanent, I should probably cut back a little (yeah right). What a bummer to hear this, though. It's just freaky to see a change in my body like this all of a sudden. It's not as if I'm new to sex or anything, just never so frequently. Thanks for reassuring me that not all men find this unattractive. Mine does, unfortunately. WHAT NERVE.

Old 05-10-2005, 02:13 AM   #14
(female)

luvs2dance HB User

I am 28 years old and I have 2 kids. I noticed at a very young age that my labia (inner) hang out a bit. One just a little more than the other. I used to not care until i became sexually active and obviously was a little insecure about it. No one ever said anything weird. But I always thought it looks like I had been passed around for years or something, just worn looking, ya know. But then I had kids and to me it seemed to looked stretched out a bit. They still hang down a bit, my fiance thinks its sexy. He says it looks like its sticking its tongue out at him. he's goofy that way tho. He got me over my insecurity by telling me how beautiful everything looks to him. My ex-husband used to tell me the vagina looked like a large gash. I hated him for that. Dont let it get to you tho, some men dont say the right thing when it comes to your genitals, especially young men.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictac
Actually it's both the inner and outer labia that seem to have stretched. Unfortunately, it's there well after the swelling has gone down. Maybe I'm just not giving them a chance to recover. I just hate the thought of them remaining so "flappy" looking. Not attractive at all. Yuck! Thanks to everyone for your replies.

LOL - sorry, I just had to laugh at your comment about it being "flappy looking." it just struck me funny. Genitals (both male and female) are pretty weird looking

Closed Thread