It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

curioustoexplor HB User
do some women ovulate longer?

This may seem dumb but i just have to ask. Do different women ovulate longer than others, and how many days do we actually ovulate. My friend and I argued about this last night she wants to get pregnant. Can anyone help settle this discussion with a intelligent answer even though it is a dumb question and I have no idea how we got on the subject anyhow.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

pcantona HB User
Re: do some women ovulate longer?

A woman ovulates for 24 hrs, this is the time when she is the most fertile. With ovulation meaning: releasing itself from your ovary. Most women can feel it happen. Now it doesn't just shoot out the egg and its done. It will then travel for some time. And this time can vary from time to time and from woman to woman. But for a woman to have the best success to get pregnant, the sperm should already be in "wait" for the egg to relaease itself and fertilize the egg right there. Now ofcourse it can be fertilized way later than that. A doctor will tell you that it whole "ovulation" fertilization process can take up to 3 days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 11:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: do some women ovulate longer?

Since ovulation is simply the process where an egg is released from the ovary, I think you might be using the wrong term to argue over. If you are actually arguing over if different women can be fertile for different lengths of time, the answer is pretty much no. A woman is fertile for the amount of time between ovulation (one moment) and when the egg eventually disintegrates (anywhere from 12 to 48 hours later depending on your source of info - and I suspect the range of time is more due to lack of research/certainty on the part of the source, not that different women have eggs that live longer or shorter).

Closed Thread