It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

Bri327 HB User
Question Burning Sensation After Sex

After me and my boyfriend have sex, I feel a burning sensation in the vaginal area... and when I go to the bathroom, i feel a painful burning sensation. I am just curious as to what could be causing this problem. thanks.

Old 01-05-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Re: Burning Sensation After Sex

I get this same feeling after sex too. And I cant tell you what makes this happen, but I was told it could be due to not being lubricated enough. But its nice to know Im not the only whos had this feeling. But I would also ask your Dr. If you think it could be due to that try using KY.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #3
(female)

Bri327 HB User

we used KY, but maybe it just wasn't enough... i'm not sure.

do you get this feeling every time after sex? or just once in a while? so far for me... it's been every time.

but i agree, it's good to know i'm not alone in this!

Old 01-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #4
(female)

wyliemom HB User

Almost every time. And its painful for about 10 mins.Sometimes longer. Do you have rough hard sex? If so it could be from that. We do sometimes and I always wondered if that could be the cause. Good luck in finding tha answer. Ill let you know if I find out anything else. Im going to see my Dr. b/c of other problems so Ill ask while Im there.

Old 01-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
(female)

Bri327 HB User

yeah... for me... it doesn't hurt immediately after... because i'm usually laying down, or fall asleep... but when I wake up and walk around... that's when it starts to burn.. it's not too terribly painful... but more of a discomfort... and it usually goes away within 20 minutes or so. and yes, i suppose it was rather rough.... but even when it's not, i still have the same problem.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #6
(female)

kmfdmchic HB User

I have that feeling too, what is it? I can't ask my doctor cuz my mom has to go with me....

Old 01-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #7

morgain HB User

I get a burning feeling like right when im finished going pee I think some of the reason might be related to the fact that my boyfriend is a lot "larger" of a man then i am a women

Old 01-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #8
(female)

wyliemom HB User

Morgain- I think that the size of the man could have something to do with it. My husband is large and I have the burning problem afterwards too. Ive been told its b/c we dont lubricate enough, so maybe its a mixture of both. Ive asked the Dr. before and they act life Im talking a different language. So I dunno.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Sounds like a simple friction burn to me (assuming it's not a reaction to the condom/spermicide/lube). And urine would sting afterwards, for sure. Considering what the vulva goes through during intercourse, it's really not surprising if you think about it. The slightest thing like not enough lube, or too much pressure on a certain angle could irritate the skin a bit and voila, sensitivity afterwards. I know for me that any position where he's too far forward and my urethra opening gets too much hard friction and it stings like a SOB after, so I avoid that.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:33 PM   #10
(female)

wyliemom HB User

that makes sense.But it burns even when I dont have to go to the bathroom afterwards.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:47 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

That too, but peeing on it really brings it home

Old 01-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #12

cutie19 HB User

same here .it hurts a lot after sex.im really tight it could be from that or that he didnt lubricate.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #13
(female)

tyna HB User

look up vestibulitis thats what my doc diagnosed my problem with i cannot even let my husband ejaculate inside because its 100 times worse than the pee burning sensation when the sperm comes into contact with the vaginal entrance.
Tyna

Old 01-21-2005, 08:57 PM   #14
(female)

Shelley1385 HB User

I have had that feeling. Either when not lubicated enough or he was using a spermicide condom.

Michelle

Old 01-28-2005, 11:08 AM   #15

whitegrlyblingn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyna
look up vestibulitis thats what my doc diagnosed my problem with i cannot even let my husband ejaculate inside because its 100 times worse than the pee burning sensation when the sperm comes into contact with the vaginal entrance.
Tyna
Hey Tyna - what did your doctor prescribe? I see a lot of issues on here that women have reported to their doctors, only to have the doctor not know anything about it. Did you mention anything to your doctor, or was it a clear diagnosis?

(I'm wondering because I have this same problem, and when I've had my annual tests I am told that everything is fine. I don't want to have to give my doctor a lesson on vestibulitis )

Last edited by whitegrlyblingn; 01-28-2005 at 11:08 AM.

Closed Thread