It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
(female)

shygirl29 HB User
Unhappy Bleeding Bad after Sex

undefinedundefinedHi there everyone. I am very new to this. I have this new problem. Ok, well to me its really embarrassing and I cannot afford to seek medical attention at this time. I am going thru a divorce that ended 8 months ago. I have recently started having sex again. Well, this wonderful guy I am now with...first let me say...he is the largest by far and it hurts. If that makes sense. Ok, well after we have sex, I get up and he is covered in blood and so am I. I will bleed for a couple of hours and then stop. But, everytime we have sex this happens. We are very sexually active, meaning everyday we have sex (very unusual for me, as I never liked having sex) It does hurt when we have sex. We went one day without having sex, then the next time we did it, I didnt bleed. That was the only time. Every other time I do bleed and most times it is bad. What could be causing this, how can I make it stop, etc. Please help and Thanks so much for your time!!

Old 01-12-2005, 01:25 PM   #2
(male)

arjunahawaii HB User
Re: Bleeding Bad after Sex

You know, I don't care how broke you are. I'm a guy, but if I were in your position I would find a way to get to a doctor to check this out. Either that, or quit having sex until you have enough money to visit a doc.

Like I said, I'm a guy -- but even I know this is not normal. Yes, perhaps a little blood on some very rare occasions -- but lots of blood EVERY time? Bleeding that lasts hours? Everytime? That's not good. Tell your BF no sex until you save enough money for a Doc -- see how fast he comes up with the dough!

Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
Inactive

ladivapr HB User

I would like to know how can you enjoy the sex bleeding like that? Is it really painless? I would think your cervix may be irritated or something and it may need days to heal. Give it a stop for several days. Definetly also get checked with a doctor.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:50 PM   #4

Kapera_X HB User

You absolutly need to seek medical attention NOW!!!!!!!!! Even if you can't afford it go to the ER of the free clinic. It's not worth your life, and you definetly will loose to much blood and die if you keep doing this. It's not normal for anyone to bleed that badly after intercourse. SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION!!! Oh, and stop having sex until then.

By the way how big is he?

Old 01-12-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User

my friend had chlamydia and bled during sex and in between periods so it could be something like an STD or else there is another problem but if I were you I would see a doctor cause that isn't normal.

Old 01-14-2005, 04:22 AM   #6
(female)

magical_uk HB User

Hi shygirl29.

I have the same problem. However i went to the Brook centre witch is an advisory/sexual health centre for under 25's in the United Kingdom. I had a smear and chlamydia test as well as blood tests. The chlamydia test came back clear and the internal showed no sign of pelvic inflammatory disease. However i haven't gone back formally for the results which you have to do for blood tests but i haven't recieved a letter which is a good thing. They call you back if something is wrong.

I don't know what to do now. Shygirl you sound quite like me. I last tried to have sex on Monday but the pain was so bad i would only let put the head in. It felt like maybe i tore or something. I don't know. Do you guys think i should ask for a second opinion and get a referral to a gynaecologist? Maybe shygirl should do the same.

magical_uk

Old 01-14-2005, 04:23 AM   #7
(female)

magical_uk HB User

i forgot to put that i bleed quite badly like shygirl too. Thank you everyone for your help.

magical_uk

Old 01-14-2005, 07:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by magical_uk
but i haven't recieved a letter which is a good thing. They call you back if something is wrong
Not necessarily! Do you really want to stake your health on their office staff being perfect every time? You need to take charge of your own health care and call them back!

And if they say nothing is wrong, you absolutely should see a gyno. It is not normal to bleed like that, and it could be a sign of something very wrong. You need to get it taken care of!

Good luck.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #9

whitegrlyblingn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunahawaii
You know, I don't care how broke you are. I'm a guy, but if I were in your position I would find a way to get to a doctor to check this out. Either that, or quit having sex until you have enough money to visit a doc.

Like I said, I'm a guy -- but even I know this is not normal. Yes, perhaps a little blood on some very rare occasions -- but lots of blood EVERY time? Bleeding that lasts hours? Everytime? That's not good. Tell your BF no sex until you save enough money for a Doc -- see how fast he comes up with the dough!

Good Luck.
Amen. I don't care how horny you are, if you are bleeding EVERY time you have sex, the smart thing would be to STOP. Go to a clinic where it isn't as expenisive. Do something.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #10
(female)

shygirl29 HB User

undefinedHi and Thanks for all th replies. Just wanted to do a quick update and see if anyone can help with this one. I have stopped bleeding when we have sex. Yippee! LOL. But now..which Ive ever had this problem....I seem to have a discharge all the time, that has a bad smell and no it isnt fishy smelling. Is this a yeast infection, something I can buy over the counter? Thanks again for all the help thus far!!

Old 01-25-2005, 03:17 AM   #11
(female)

magical_uk HB User
Cool Re: Bleeding Bad after Sex

try diflucan or canestan. your pharmacist should be able to help

magical_uk

Old 01-28-2005, 05:19 AM   #12

waiting for 1 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Bleeding Bad after Sex

Hi i can tell you that if every thing was clear on the pap and all that then you have cyst. i had two cyst on each side of my ovarys ever sinse i had them removed i don't bleed after sex and the pain went a way and all the smells hope this helps .

Old 02-03-2005, 09:43 AM   #13
(female)

D1973 HB User

I had the same thing happen to me, alot of bleeding and it was all the time. Even when I was not having sex it would bleed (not my period) . I went to the doctor and my cervix was the culprit , birth control I was told for a long period of time irritates it more. My doctor told me this. Everytime I had sex and the cervix is hit it bleeds. So for now all he could do was use liquid nitrogen to freeze it up. it is a temp fix, but it stopped for now. No sex for 2 weeks though. I would go to your doctor for sure , you should not assume or dismiss something like this.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:16 AM   #14
(female)

magical_uk HB User

how long does the liquid nitrogen treatment last for? is it available in the uk?

Closed Thread