It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

basey1440 HB User
Cystitis & other problems

I've been having problems with cystitis since November 2003 and as you can imagine I'm a bit tired of it.

I've seen at least 5 doctors and have had numerous tests but every single one has come back fine except one in March which was just the beginning of my problems with Thrush which (I think) have gone away as I've not had any symptoms for at least 6 months now, but my last case of cystitis was just over 2 weeks ago and was given more tests and another lot of antibiotics and sent on my way. I have started a new pill to see if this helps.

I've had antibiotics but it comes back a week or so before my period now regularly and I've not been able to have sex with my bf properly since March last year which is upsetting me as well, more so than anything else.

I don't use soap but Dove body wash instead, and I do everything required to stop thrush and Cystitis coming back (no tight clothes, cotton undies etc) and I drink a glass of cranberry juice once a day.

But the main problem is the sex, It is very painful just around the inside of the entrance to the vagina and after a while I just seem to go numb so I try and avoid it and I know it upsets my bf. One of the doctors prescribed me a gel to reduce acidity in my vagina but that didn't work either, I've had STI tests as I was raped a year ago in Feb but thankfully it came back fine.

I would like to know how to stop the pain so I can get back to some normality.

Thank you all in advance, this really does mean so much to me and will stop a year of agony!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User
Re: Cystitis & other problems

I have sort of the same problem.I started having bladder pain when i was 18 whenever my urine was too acidic from drinking too much soda and not enough water and have been drinking nearly a gallon a day for 2 yrs. now
The first time I had sex i came down with a really bad UTI with traces of blood,puss,and bacteria in my urine.Then after the antibiotics were done the infection just came right back.Then i was prescribed Ofloxin for it and had a bad reaction with bladder pain,green discharge,and worse pain an hr. after I took the first pill till 4 days later when i stopped the 10 day course early and went begging and crying back to the doctor for the first antibiotics that were prescribed.I was starting to think that I'll never be capable of having sex ever.Are you having actual urinary track infections or just unexplained pain (cystitis)? Have you seen a urologist? I still have pain whenever my bf first penetrates me but if we start very slow and I relax it subsides.The more I tense and focus on the pain the longer it stays and have become numb and felt like i was going to pass out and die.What i'm saying is that it could be a little mind over matter.Not completely but that dwelling on it won't help.It could be you causing the pain out of fear.I've started taking re-refrigerated cranberry pills with acidophius in them (sp?) from a health food store about 3 times a day,esp before sex.Which keeps the infections away.Hope I helped some.All I can really say is to try to tell yourself good thoughts and have lots of foreplay to see it it eases you in the mood so you can have admissible,minimal pain during sex.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:37 PM   #3

ILikeRats HB User

There is also a supplement called D-Mannose that helps some people. The brand I use is "NOW" (comes in an orange bottle.) It's a powder, the isolated substance from cranberries. It's expensive, but I really believe it "cures" my urinary tract infections as long as I take it immediately after feeling symptoms. (Dose on the bottle is half-a-teaspoon, but I would take half-a-teaspoon a day to prevent only. If I feel an actual infection, I take more, with LOTS of water.) Might be worth a try if nothing else works for you. If your health food store doesn't carry it, they might be able to special order it.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

stuckmissy HB User

oh Duhhh... of me!

Last edited by stuckmissy; 01-19-2005 at 09:05 PM. Reason: oops

Old 01-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #5

ILikeRats HB User

I think there is confusion here between "cystitis" (urinary tract infection) and "cysts." Maybe I am wrong, but it sounds like "basey" gets urinary tract infections and "krissy" gets cysts. My advice was for urinary tract infection.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User

Cystitis is a bladder inflammation condition,altho "honeymoon cystitis" is a nice term for frequent UTI's from sex.Which they are 2 different things.I read on this board when did a search on Cystitis that taking the amino acid L-Arginine really helped someone because it helps build up tissue in the body.So i've started taking suppliments a couple weeks ago.If you do a search on this site you will find some other remedies people suggested and see if any of them help you.

Closed Thread