It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

Saephyre HB User
Menstrual cycle normal? Infertility? Any information or help:)

I guess I'm just posting to see if this is normal. I'm 20 years old. I've been keeping a chart of my menstrual cycle. Basically, how many days till I get to the next "time of the month." I'm always under high amounts of stress -- so I gather my period is always late, but since I'm stressed out normally every month -- it ends up on around the same days.

Up to now it's been: 29, 28, 33, 33, 32

But, last month I didn't have it until 40 days!! Which very much worried me. I'm on 34 days right now. So, I'm wondering if now on my period will be arriving every 40 days... Which doesn't seem very normal to me.

I have been sexually active -- but I highly doubt pregnancy is an option for me -- due to stress, low amount of iron and I'm prone to depression. Plus, I don't seem to have any symptoms (though I know some times it can arrive with none). I didn't use protection -- but this is because my boyfriend and I are neither trying or not trying to get me pregnant. It's sort of if it happens it happens -- we were planning to get married soon anyways.

I doubt it's pregnancy as well since I went to the doctor and got some blood work done and a urine test. This was on Sunday. I got a CBC blood test, another one I'm not very sure of. And the urine sample. The doctor said to just make an appointment next week. Which I did on wednesday -- I'm sure if he would of saw anything wrong or if I was pregnant he'd contact me. So, another reason I'm doubt I'm pregnant.

So, I'm just really wondering about my menstrual cycle. I never was EVER late by that much as last month. I'm just scared that it could be infertility or something else -- such as menopause (I've heard it's rare but can happen). So, I guess I'm posting to see if anyone can relate or might know what's up. I know I'll have to continue to see my doctor -- but, I guess I'd like to know now. Since I'm already a little late by 1 day technically (if I don't include the 40 day one) -- which I've never been over 34 days until last month.

Last edited by Saephyre; 02-10-2005 at 09:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User
Re: Menstrual cycle normal? Infertility? Any information or help:)

You are still young and soemtimes it is normal for periods to be late especially under high stress. You should go to the doctor though and get a full exam to make sure everything is okay with you. You could also think about birth control pills, not only will they protect you from getting pregnant they will regulate your periods, you will know each month when your period will arrive. Just something to keep in the back of your head. I wouldn't worry to much about menopause.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

Saephyre HB User

True enough. Guess I was just needing to hear opinions. Still needed some. I guess hearing some will calm me a bit -- maybe stress me out less. Thank you^_^

I used to be on birth control when I was younger to regulate my periods. But, I just eventually stopped. I forget why, though. I guess I'm scared to take anything that may make me infertile or some how not able to get pregnant. Because I really feel I can't. It's just this gut feeling. I've been around many people who are younger then I -- they had unprotected sex for 2 months and the girl would end up pregnant. I've had it for around 8 months unprotected with my boyfriend -- and it's like nothing came of it. Especially when I thought I was young, I thought it would be easier. I guess I want to make sure I'm able to have kids. I'm scared I'll never be able to go through that joy of childbirth. Hence why I worry over my menstrual cycle.

Last edited by Saephyre; 02-10-2005 at 10:09 AM.

Old 02-12-2005, 08:21 AM   #4
(female)

Saephyre HB User

Still no sign of my period. It really is bothersome. I'm hoping I get it by the 40th day like last month, but even if I do -- that can't be healthy.

I really doubt it's pregnancy. But, when I went to the doctor he gave me medication which is NOT good for human fetuses in pregnant women. This was to treat an emotional thing I had been dealing with. He gave that to me last Sunday. I didn't take it until Friday -- when I had money to pick up the medication.

I'd hope if I was pregnant the clinic would of called me back and told me not to not take the medication. But, I did get a call back to go see the doctor this coming wednesday. I'm pretty nervous. It feels like I am going to have some type of period dysfunction... I'd really like to say it "could be pregnancy" -- but honestly zero symptoms.

Oh yes, I'm up to day 36 of my cycle... Way past my usual time. My typical "non stressed out" period is on the 28th... But, I'm usually stressed so it gets delayed by 2-3 days and shows up on the 30th or 31st day...

Last edited by Saephyre; 02-12-2005 at 08:22 AM.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:40 AM   #5
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User

Why don't you take a home pregnany test? You would know in a few minutes if you
were pregnant. I had a feeling I couldn't have children when I was in my early 20's
also. Alot of my friends got pregnant by accident and I never did. I thought I was just lucky. It turned out I did have fertility problems. It took me almost 15 years to be able to conceive.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
(female)

Saephyre HB User

It's just different how I think it. It's just this deep down feeling. Since I was with my boyfriend for awhile. Had alot of unprotected sex each month... And nothing came of it. Especially where I'm so young -- these are suppose to be the most fertile years. Another reason causing me to worry -- if it is this difficult for me now, what about when I'm an older age? And, so many people around my age, younger and older who didn't plan the pregnancy would end up with children. They had sex many times but after one month -- pregnant! Some times 2 and up to 3 months. Usually no more. When I passed 5 months and nothing had happened I started really wondering about me...

And considering now that my period seems to be now officially delaying every 40 days, I'm just frightened it may have long term effects. I wish I could see the doctor now. Even if it is just 4 days away...

I'm considering buying a pregnancy test, but I keep not going to get it since the doctor already did it and waiting to hear that. I just have a feeling my period is going to come -- but at 40 days or later. ~_~

But, how did you find out that you had fertility problems? Do you have to ask the doctor to look for specific things?

Closed Thread