It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

goaliegirl35 HB User
Angry "paper cut" above clitoris

It seems on and off that I get these "paper cuts" for lack of a better term, in the folds of the labia, and also right smack dab down the crack if my vagina (on the clitoral hood). There is no discharge, just mild itching. I am sexually active with one person,and currectly using birth control patch (no condom). Have had a battery of tests, and there is no STD. This has happened on and off to me for years. Lubrication isn't an issue, so I know that's not the problem. any one have similar expereinces? If so what did you do?

Old 02-21-2005, 11:27 AM   #2
(female)

cinnamongirl_9 HB User
Re: "paper cut" above clitoris

"Paper cuts" sound an awful lot like Herpes. The virus produces tiny cuts, large cuts, open sores, a pinkish rash, itchy bumps or a combination of these things. You might want to have another test done by your gyn. False negatives are very common.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Yeah it does sound like herpes. Herpes is not included in a standard STD screening, you have to ask for it especially. Have you been tested for herpes in particular?

Old 02-25-2005, 07:18 AM   #4
(female)

goaliegirl35 HB User

Yes, I've been tested twice. There are no bumps or open sores...just fine red lines in the folds

Old 02-25-2005, 03:14 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

OK. The other possibilities I can think of then are:

1. untreated yeast infection - this can cause cuts. Yeast infections can appear without discharge - have you tried taking an over-the-counter remedy for yeast to see if it helps?

2. dry skin / eczema / dermatitis in the vaginal area. This is more common than you might think (I have this problem sometimes, specifically on the posterior fourchette! TMI maybe ) It could be causing your skin to crack. I think there are products available which are suitable to use to alleviate this, you could speak to a pharmacist or dermatologist. The lubrication you use for sex probably wouldn't help heal the skin the way skin cream would in particular; some lubes might I think possibly irritate some kinds of dermatitis more.

Last edited by beaker24; 02-25-2005 at 03:14 PM.

Old 02-27-2005, 05:48 AM   #6
(female)

Queeneev HB User

I get similar cuts, in the the same places. Actually, they are not cuts, but they are a break in skin from dryness, irritation, and scratching. I have the generic "vaginosis" which basically means something is irritated. Many women have this, it is not abnormal. It is not any virus or yeast. The best thing you can do is trim your fingernails (I know I scratch in the night), and put some vagisil or other hydrocortisone cream on it.

I notice it more when I am pre-menstrual.

Let me repeat, it is NOT herpes.

My doc prescribed me a cream called triamcinolone (a corticosteroid, works great).

Old 03-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #7
(female)

curious1ne HB User

goaliegirl, i have the same problem!! I hate it... at first i thought it was because my bf was too large for me, and he was tearing my skin. It gets itchy and dry its SO uncomfortable. I've said something to my doctor about it during a pap and shes like i dont see anything! and didn't seem conserned at all. I thought i was a freak!! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this because i KNOW how bad it sucks but, im also glad someone else can relate to me!!

Closed Thread