It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
(female)

brightside HB User
Red face Bleeding during sex

The other morning after sex I realized that I had starting bleeding a lot (so much it stained the sheets and the bed, horribly gross and embarrassing) nonetheless, I was freaked out because I hadn't realized it while we we're having sex, there was no pain or anything. My period isn't normal to begin with, as far as not getting it every month and when I do it only lasts 2 or 3 days. When I do it its not towards the end of the month, therefore I wasn't anticipating it. The next two days I continued bleeding and by the third day it had stopped. I guess is it possible for sex to cause you to have your period? Or was it not my period? Its definitely got me worried about any kind of intercourse now, I dont want it to happen again ...

Old 03-15-2005, 12:13 AM   #2
(female)

cutie777 HB User
Re: Bleeding during sex

It does sound like your period, or it could have been your hymen breaking. How many times have you had sex? The first time for me I bled quite a lot, and then it stopped, and the next time I didn`t bleed at all. See if it happens next time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

If this wasn't your first time at having sex and your period wasn't due, it could be that his penis was hitting against your cervix. Some women have extremely soft tissue there and bleed the moment the cervix is touched by an object, be it a man's penis or during a pap smear. Even if it was your hymen breaking, i've yet to hear of massive bleeding or bleeding for days.

I'm not 100%, but i think there is something called pelvic inflammatory disease where the bleeding occurs only during sex. I would be speaking to a doctor about this or maybe if you posted your concerns in the Womens Health section of the healthboards and some of the ladies could give you better advice. Any form of unusual bleeding isn't to be taken lightly. Not that it's life threatening, but something which should be seen to by a doctor.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

If you have sex and he ejaculates inside you and you're having your period, there are proteins in semen that break up blood clots and will make it seem like you're bleeding all over, possibly all over the sheets and everything.

Does this sound like your situation?

Old 03-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

wrin,
thats got to be the sillys thing I ever heard of.

I think having sexual intercourse can start your period! .. if its time? if your not sure what to do?...don't have sexual intercourse for a while say a week at least....if it's still contentious seek medical advise go see your gyno.
Sounds like you started while having intersourse.....nothing to worry bout other than maybe runing the bedding? wash it right away.

Last edited by chevyman; 03-16-2005 at 04:00 PM.

Closed Thread