It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #1

cookiegirl64 HB User
How many times does the average couple have sex?

My boyfriend and I have a fantastic relatioonship. I love him very much and he loves me. We have been togehter almost 1 years. But, he feels that he DESERVES to have sex at least once a day, every day. I said he is asking way too much. We have sex 3 to 4 times a week. He says I am crazy and that normal people have sex every day, and I said he is wrong. Most people with busy lives, children, evening meetings, etc., probably have sex 1 to 2 times a week -if that. We have it twiice as much which I think is pretty good considering we have such crazy schedules How often do average couples sex? Am I naive and think that 3 to 4 times is good and its not? We are both in our late 30's...........

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-20-2005 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Questions/surveys on members sexual experiences/practices are not allowed. Please read the Special Rules sticky at the top of the board.

Old 04-20-2005, 01:06 AM   #2

rajaram HB User
Re: How many times do most couples have sex?

Cookiegirl64,

There is no such thing "How many times?".It depends upon both of you.If you feel you can have it daily go for it what is essential is active participation from both sides.You are lucky that your boyfriend wants to love you daily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 03:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Normal is when BOTH want it. Usually 2 or 3 times a week for most.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:24 AM   #4
(male)

MOONCHILD63 HB User

And the other normal is when the wife says "no get away no sex for you"...Thats usually after 10+ years of marraige.Oh and all of the wifes friends are saying no to their husbands too.I forgot about that.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:01 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

namewrong HB User

Well its up too the persons involved. I myself want it everyday! I'm 45 yrs young and feel like i just came alive! It's also how much your attracted to the person. My guy is awesome and i can't get enough from him. We make love everyday... Thank God!! Do you have foreplay? That's important.. I can tell him exactly what i want and like.. Thats a key too.. To be open with each other.. Peace from NJ

Old 04-20-2005, 10:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Red face

I would have to agree with the posters that say it is up to the both of you and what you agree on.

I personally think 3-4 times a week for a couple in their late 30's is good

Maybe your boyfriend has an obsession with sex....there are men and women out there that really do have an obsession with it. For them it isn't about the "Sex" persay, it is about the obession........

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-20-2005 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Since surveys on sexual practices are not allowed, the original question and your response have been edited. (Please do not resond to surveys.)

Old 04-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #7

PeggyHarmon HB User

I am quite curious about this for other couples. I'm 45, no sex for 6 mos. 6 wks of that was healing from a surgery....I might add, I work full time, attend full time classes at night. I am tired, but I need sex at least 2 times in 6 mos. Is this asking for much?. I am getting frustrated in my relationship. I've been nice about not having it, but after 6 mos. and me hinting about it being time, my response is she has no sex drive, and I'm just whining or complaining about anything. I am really becoming frustrated and bored within my relationship. Her needs are constantly met, and I have to constantly ask for little things.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #8
(female)

kyethra HB User
Personally, I think you have to compromise and find a happy medium or work something out.

I think most couples don't always share the same sex drive, so compromise is necessary. I also think its important to look at the quality of the sex and how you both feel about making love as an act.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-23-2005 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Response to survey deleted.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:26 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

It must be nice to have that kind of spare time to just lay around and have sex multiple times a day. In the real world it just doesn't happen that way.
Between jobs, kids, school, whatever eats away at your time. Not to mention the fact how tired you are by the end of the day.
To some couples, once a week is the norm - if it happens that often.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:47 PM   #10
(male)

old coot HB User
Most People
What is Most People ?

Sex should always be between 2 people not most people.
If your days are not packed full and you are not stressed out to the max. Enjoy each others love.
Thats a great way to reduce stress
Wife and I had the MOST PEOPLE discussion at an early age

I express my full love through sex
The touching ,kissing,pleasing my women before I get pleased.
If you think of it as just sex, Your most people

She stopped getting hung up on the most people crap.

Started enjoying my massaging her back and pulling out the stress

Its all about the 2 of you communication and real love of each other

You can do what most people do and follow the crowd
Or you can dare to be differnt and lead

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-23-2005 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Response to survey deleted.

Old 04-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #11

seekingnormal05 HB User

And if his drive is just higher than yours, he can still masturbate.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:37 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

Both of you are perfectly normal. To want sex every day is normal but to only want it a few times a week is also normal.

Maybe the two of you just need a little bit of compromise so that both of your needs are met.

Please don't think you aren't normal though.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:04 AM   #13
(female)

angel_of_faith HB User
I think any sex would be normal depending on a couple and how their sex drive is....Sometimes it is hard when one other wants it more then the other....I usually want it more then my boyfriend but I think the every couple of days works really well....Sex can be enjoyable but it can also ruin things....Just be happy with who u are with and enjoy eachother in other ways then sex....Good luck to you all....::hugs::

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-23-2005 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Response to survey deleted

Old 04-22-2005, 07:30 AM   #14
(male)

RegularGuy7 HB User

[QUOTE=MOONCHILD63]And the other normal is when the wife says "no get away no sex for you"...Thats usually after 10+ years of marraige.QUOTE]

Or in my case...6 months.

I've posted about this before but my wife just has ZERO sex drive. She says its stress and school but she's been in school for a while and it was never a problem before. We used to have sex 3-4 times a week. Now it's down to once every 2 or 3 months....if that.

I used to be patient and understanding. Now I don't even bother asking anymore because I know what the answers going to be. And it's not because I don't take care of her needs. In fact, when we do have sex, she gets pleasured each and every time! (Whether I get mine or not)

But now....nothing. And lately my mind has been wandering. I've never cheated on any woman I have had a relationship with. In fact, I've never even thought about it. But lately, I've been wondering what it would be like.

The point I'm getting at is...there is such a thing as too little sex. That's NOT normal and has consequences. My hats off to the people that have sex multiple times a week. TRUST ME. That's perfectly normal and perfectly healthy. You have nothing to worry about.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:28 PM   #15
(female)

JennaLynnK HB User
In my opinion going for more than 3 days is way too much, for anyone. I just think its a great way to spend time with your lover and actually bond with them. You don't have to have hardcore sex, you can go slow and talk to each other and hold each other. Its actually a wonderful end to a stressful day, and it doesn't matter how tired you are.
But thats just my input

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-23-2005 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Response to survey deleted.

Closed Thread