It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

kappuccina HB User
Question Cunnalingus during menstruation

This is a really embarrassing topic that in my experience no one has dared to talk about. I was recently in a relationship in which my partner enjoyed performing cunnalingus while I was menstruating. At first I was very, very hesitant to try it, but they had assured me that it is something that lots of people do but just don't talk about. In addition, they said that in certain cultures it is very accepted. I'm just curious to know if others out there do it and if there are any health concerns associated with performing cunnalingus during menstruation. I know it sounds really gross and I don't know if anyone knows anything about it, but any information will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-26-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Gak

What your partner says is true actually. When someone does this to a woman who is menstruating, it is said that they have earned their "red wings".

Nothing unhealthy about it unless you have a disease that can be transmitted through blood.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-26-2005 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Unnecessary comment deleted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User
STDs notwithstanding, worst case scenario, you would wind up looking like a kid in a high chair who was left to their own devices with a piece of cherry pie...

On a technical note, I think you have to be in the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang, and then 'do the deed', to officially get your "Red Wings"...

Member or not, I have no intentions of performing cunnilingus on anyone who is menstrating.

I did have intercourse once while my partner was menstrating...I begged her, and we did it in the shower...it was quite disturbing to me, looked brutal and gory, it was like, GWAR, Berserkers, Huns, Vlad the Impaler, Vikings what have you, but I wasn't turned off, and I was able to finish ( and then we both rinsed off thoroughly ).

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-26-2005 at 05:47 PM. Reason: response to deleted comment removed

Old 06-27-2005, 04:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: Cunnalingus during menstruation

Yes, some people do it, and there's nothing wrong with it. Plus, it's not like there's a whole lot of blood exiting the body in the hand full of minutes that its going on.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:59 AM   #5
(female)

heyneyoweh HB User
Lightbulb Re: Cunnalingus during menstruation

Nothing wrong with it, (aside from mentioned blood dideases in other posts) I had a man who liked to perfrom no matter what time of month it was, I use tampons, nothing messy 'cept the usual...

Old 06-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #6
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User

Like the other posters the only health concern would be to spread an infection. If you boyfriend is in the practice of performing oral on women while they are menstrating, I would say there is a higher risk he may contract an STD. It seems risky. And while you are menstrating you are more suseptible to infection. I do think that while you menstrate there is a greater risk of an infection spreading into your uterus because your cirvix is softer than other parts of the month. I'm not sure though???

There are cups called "instead" that if you don't want a tampon in you could use. They fit similar to a diaphram and this may help with any "mess" . You can also have intercourse while wearing these cups.

Good Luck!

Old 06-28-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryroseQT
And while you are menstrating you are more suseptible to infection. I do think that while you menstrate there is a greater risk of an infection spreading into your uterus because your cirvix is softer than other parts of the month. I'm not sure though???
Yes and no. There are some researchers who feel that women are more susceptible to infections during menstruation, and some who feel that is just an old wive's tale.

During menstruation, the cervical mucus thins, which might make it easier for infections to travel into the uterus and the upper genital tract. This is a hot topic of research right now. If it does turn out to be true, the difference would be a small one. Any increased risk would be more likely to affect your partner than you.

In any event, cunnalingus is a pretty low risk activity in terms of disease transmission. Saliva just doesn't transmit STDs very well. So, if you want to have oral sex during your period, it is really up to your personal preference. Good luck.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:53 AM   #8
(male)

notcoolzeuss HB User

There's nothing wrong with it. I do this for my fiance once in a while because she takes care of me, and I feel a little guilty. She can only achieve orgasm through manual stimulation or cunnilingus, so sex would only help me. I'm actually usually freaked out about the whole menstruation thing, but I always concentrate on the clitoris, and there is no mess at all.

PS-She uses a tampon when I perform this for her.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #9
(female)

kappuccina HB User

Thanks for the info everyone. I feel comfort in knowing that it isn't unheard of.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:47 AM   #10
(male)

Andrew63 HB User

My girlfriend had never been given oral sex or had sex while having her period until she met me,we do it all the time right thru out her 5 days of her period,she in fact reckons its a turn on for her and I gotta agree Shes 35 Im 41

Andrew

Closed Thread