It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2005, 03:05 AM   #1
(female)

jenna47 HB User
why doesn't it feel good?

not sure how to put this but... basically sex is sucking for me
it's been awhile and it still hurts.. mostly at first and then it's just kind of uncomfortable and nothing else... it doesn't feel good at all
we use lubrication so i don't think that's a problem
what's wrong?
i feel like i'm broken
i'm not expecting a lot but it should at least feel somewhat good, right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2005, 06:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: why doesn't it feel good?

The hormones may need adjusting. The testosterone may be too low or the estrogen may be too high or both.

Read Suzzane Sumers book "the Sexy Years"

If you are taking anti-depressants that can cause it. After stopping them you may have less sexual desire for many months. Read the side effects.

Last edited by JinL; 07-20-2005 at 06:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2005, 10:41 AM   #3
(female)

jenna47 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinL
The hormones may need adjusting. The testosterone may be too low or the estrogen may be too high or both.

Read Suzzane Sumers book "the Sexy Years"

If you are taking anti-depressants that can cause it. After stopping them you may have less sexual desire for many months. Read the side effects.
really? could birth control be the problem? i never thought of switching since i didn't have any side effects (or so i thought) with the first one i tried... i'm kind of terrified of switching to something else in case it's worse. i'm on alesse, if that matters.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User

Are you on the pill? Or anything that has hormones it? This can totally be the problem! IF, it is the pill-----try another one. Definately the pill can give you sexual side effects that arent pleasant. It can make you dry, no libido, no orgasm. It is very frusterating and if this is what is happening, then you need to try a different one.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
(female)

jenna47 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess72
Are you on the pill? Or anything that has hormones it? This can totally be the problem! IF, it is the pill-----try another one. Definately the pill can give you sexual side effects that arent pleasant. It can make you dry, no libido, no orgasm. It is very frusterating and if this is what is happening, then you need to try a different one.
hmm, i just realized i just bought a years worth of my current pill *sigh*
if i were to switch, which one would be better for this?

Old 07-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User

sadly enough its hard to tell which pill would fix the problem..you would just have to give it a go and see if a new pill fixes the problem... MANY women experience NO sex drive while on birth control pills..Its just a side effect heh.

If you're on a very low dose pill try a higher dose..if you're on a higher dose try a low dose...which pill are you on?

Old 07-21-2005, 09:57 PM   #7
(female)

BHB85 HB User

i am on alesse as well and have experienced the same sexual side effects for the last 2 months. alesse is a very low grade hormone, i'm thnking about switching to a higher hormone level, like yasmin.

this is definitely a result of the pill..i used to be quite the wild woman lol and now i am like an old lady..need to switch ASAP this is not good for my health!!

Old 07-22-2005, 12:22 PM   #8
(female)

Gimme_It HB User

I have exactly the same problem with you Jenna, I never feel like I actually want to have sex, when I do, it's to please my boyfriend. But it's very painful even when lubricated, and as time goes on, the pain becomes less, but there is no feeling of anything 'good' or of what I would hope.

Me and my boyfriend have been going out for like 17 months now, and I still don't know what to do. I told the doctor, she told me to use KY jelly, I did but still the same problem!

I started off on a different contraceptive pill that the one Im currently on, I changed because I was getting quite bad migraines, but the sexual feelings, or lack of as well as the pain havn't changed.

Please will you let me know what happens if you change the pill, or if you come to a conclusion to your problems, thanks!

Closed Thread