It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 09:15 PM   #1

MelloVball HB User
Question Semen Burns?

Sometimes when I have sex with my boyfriend the semen burns right after. Other times a few days later there is some burning. It feels like a UTI, it burns and it feels as if I have to urinate all the time, even right after I go. But some other times it doesn't seem to bother me. I have never had problems with any other guy. I can't make sense of it, he seems to eat healthy and take care of himself. What is going on?

Also, to add, I doubt it's a UTI, because it doesn't last long, only usually a day at the most, and I am very good about peeing before and after, and even trying to wash before to minimize the bacteria. So I don't think that's it....

Thanks in advance for everyone's help! I appreciate it!

Last edited by MelloVball; 10-03-2005 at 09:19 PM.

Old 10-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User
Re: Semen Burns?

I've heard of that, only one other time; I've never heard of it any other time ( until now ).

I don't know if it could be some other kind of body chemistry reaction thing,

or if it could just be due to something less mysterious, such as a UTI.

I'm curious; maybe others will know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 05:56 AM   #3

MelloVball HB User

Thanks for your help. Yeah, I was thinking that just something about his is just reacting with me (since it's only been with him.) But then I am wondering why it doesn't happen everytime.

Anyways, thanks for your help again.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #4
(female)

catiechris999 HB User

I get the exact same thing, most of the time, right after sex. This is the only person it's ever happened with so I wonder if it's not a pH thing. I had a post awhile back about this and got a couple of responses. It sucks, I know.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User

This has been my problem too. I have posted on healthboards about it and got some responses but I think what it comes down to is how lubricated and really in the mood for sex I am. Maybe it is something else. I really do not know. But luckily it doesn't burn everytime. But when his semen does burn me, man does it burn!

Old 10-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User

I wonder if it could be an allergy?

Old 10-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
(female)

sarakyong HB User

I have read that there are a very minute amount of women who are allergic to semen. I think it had something to do with the liquid that protects the semen?? Your best protection would be a condom.

You might want to test for sure by taking a sample (partner willing) and rub some on a sensitive part of your skin, I think the inside of your arms are.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:47 PM   #8
(female)

YaYa04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloVball
Sometimes when I have sex with my boyfriend the semen burns right after. Other times a few days later there is some burning. It feels like a UTI, it burns and it feels as if I have to urinate all the time, even right after I go. But some other times it doesn't seem to bother me. I have never had problems with any other guy. I can't make sense of it, he seems to eat healthy and take care of himself. What is going on?

Also, to add, I doubt it's a UTI, because it doesn't last long, only usually a day at the most, and I am very good about peeing before and after, and even trying to wash before to minimize the bacteria. So I don't think that's it....

Thanks in advance for everyone's help! I appreciate it!
It sounds like you could be allergic to your boyfriend's semen. Yes, this is possible. Talk to your doctor about it, maybe he/she could find out if this is what is causing the burning feeling for you.

Old 10-16-2005, 06:26 PM   #9
(female)

bdg77 HB User

I get the same feeling too, burning sometimes, but I was wondering if you ever get a foul smell along with the burning, I am very sensitive down there and just wonder of I should start to wash farther up after intercourse....any suggestions? Its not a bacterial infe or yeast I have already been tested from my gyno, I'm wondering as some else told me its poor hygenine but I wash like crazy all the time everyday, just wonder if I should wash farther up there??? Any suggestions?

Old 10-19-2005, 06:31 AM   #10
(female)

catiechris999 HB User

Here's my experience with it. It doesn't always happen (Thank God!), but when it does the "burning" feeling lasts for about an hour or so. I always pee after sex and I don't think it has to with hygiene. I don't think it's an allergy to his semen becuase it doesn't always do this. I'm still on the pH thing or if there is something he is eating sometimes that makes his semen more acidic. Also, I'm going to keep a diary to see if it only happens to me at certain times of the month becuase I'm on the pill and maybe it has to do with my hormone levels with each week.

Any other thoughts? I'm going to experiment with everything becuase my gyno doesn't seem to care.

Closed Thread