It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2005, 03:28 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hazel_Eyes HB User
stopped having orgasms

The title explains it all - I feel like I have stopped having orgasms with my man. This is really upsetting me because it has NEVER been a problem! Our sex life has just been FABULOUS.

But a few days ago... today - well recently, I cant seem to have an orgasm with him. I dont know why....

Its awful because my guys suggested that maybe Im bored with him!!! it was really heart breaking when he said it - I love my man - I dont think thats the case...

Any input?

Old 10-24-2005, 04:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

vintagegirl HB User
Re: stopped having orgasms

Women are not so different psychologically than men..... if we or are partners start putting pressure on ourselves to have an orgasm, (just as the same happens with men and erections) we can't do it. Explain to your bf that this is not his fault at all...that you are building it up in your head...and until you take the pressure off, you won't be able to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
(female)

akazie HB User

I am going through the same thing but I'm taking anti-depression medication so I think that is why it is happening to me.

I would sell my sole just to be able to orgam while having intercourse with my husband right now

So anyway I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I'm sorry that I wasn't much help.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianamaxim
The title explains it all - I feel like I have stopped having orgasms with my man. This is really upsetting me because it has NEVER been a problem! Our sex life has just been FABULOUS.

But a few days ago... today - well recently, I cant seem to have an orgasm with him. I dont know why....

Its awful because my guys suggested that maybe Im bored with him!!! it was really heart breaking when he said it - I love my man - I dont think thats the case...

Any input?
You're lucky that your guy cares enough about you to notice whether or not you have an orgasm. My husband has never even asked me if I ever do. He either just assumes or doesn't care. I'm used to not having orgasms when having sex with him and although I always did have a high sex drive, it really makes you not want to have sex anymore when time after time he gets his and I don't. I know you're upset about not being able to orgasm with him, but just start out knowing that he at least cares about your sexual needs. Next, try not to dwell on the fact that you aren't orgasming or it really won't happen. The more you worry about it and the harder you try to have one, the more likely it will be that you won't have any. I'd say just try not to stress about it. You orgasmed with him before and you will again.

Old 10-26-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User

Are you taking BC pills or any new medications?

Old 10-26-2005, 08:09 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianamaxim

Any input?
Ya know, I didn't think to ask you before if you've started any new medicines lately. Have you? I was just put on Lexapro today and when I was reading on the net about the possible side effects, it listed difficulty having an orgasm as one of them. I'm not insinuating that everyone on Lexapro will have this problem (probably a VERY small minority will), and I'm not trying to say that you're taking it and will therefore have that problem, but it did make me think about medicines as one of the reasons why a person would all of a sudden become anorgasmic. You could do a search on anorgasmic women and see what you can find. Good luck!

Old 10-29-2005, 03:48 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Hazel_Eyes HB User

No I dont take any medications. I only take the contraceptive pill. I feel so upset! i dont know why i cant have them anymore. A few of my friends suggest that maybe Im doing it too much.

Its so strange!!! And very frustrating. My guy tries so hard - he wont quit until he knows I get one. I just feel so bad that he tries so hard and I just cant have any.

Old 10-29-2005, 05:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Some BC pill give you too much estrogen. Ask your doctor for a different kind. Anti-depressants can kill the sex drivce, they mess up the hormone balance.

Old 10-29-2005, 06:38 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Hazel_Eyes HB User

Well I have been using the same birth control pill for 8 months.. and it has never affected my sex drive before...

is it possible that one packet of the same brand may contain more estrogen than the other??? I would assume all packets of the same brand have the same amount of estrogen in them. Like I said, I have been using the same brand and they never did anything - no weight gain, depression, etc.

Closed Thread