It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
(male)

Teeftof HB User
Smelly 'downstairs'...

Hi,

Basically, im a guy hoping to get some advice from some women out there.. Ive just started dating a new girl and after having sex for the first time i decided to give my 'best'. As i went down on her for oral, i noticed a really bad smell which made me nearly sick. I soon stopped and carried on with other kinda of foreplay but could still sense the smell was there.. I decided this could be just a one off and didnt think much of it..

i have now slept with this girl around 5-6 times and the smell is still there, i find it really off putting and can no way do oral. She seems a clean person so i was wondering what this could possibly be? Im not confident enough to confront her about this and talk to her about it, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, during sex she seems to get alot of trapped wind down there which seems to spoil the mood.. (more for her than me), could this be anything to do with it?

Old 12-10-2005, 06:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Re: Smelly 'downstairs'...

What is trapped wind? Do you mean the air that is getting into her vagina, and sounds like she is passing gas? (that is always kinda embarrasing) Anyways......she could have BV (bacterial vaginosis) which is a common bacteria infection women can get. It is not an STD. If you can smell it, im sure she can as well! It is easily treated, but she has to go to the doc. You cannot buy this med over the counter. You can buy med's for a yeast infection, but that doesnt smell really bad............that is more a thick discharge and itching. So, for her sake you have to say something. If you are having sex with her, you have to be able to communicate. Tell her you think it is BV and i know she will probably be embarrased. You really dont want it to go untreated. Oh, i forgot to ask............is the smell kind fishy smelling? I know disgusting, but i had to ask...........that is what BV is like! The only other thing i can think of, is if she doesnt keep herself clean and shower daily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Unfortunately "down there" does get smelly very easily...It's the nature of the beast. Say if she showered in the morning and you are having sex in the evening, I do not think it's unusual for it to smell funky. Ask her to shower before you have sex if that's possible. I once had a BF that insisted we shower first! I once had a conversation with my sister and my neice about this smell we(women) get and my neice even asked her doctor(because it was bothering her so much!) if she had something wrong and he said that it is perfectly normal to smell and do not douche either! Just wash up a couple times a day. She really should wash up before you two have sex...I just think it's necessary...I always do!

Old 12-10-2005, 07:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

Yes there should be a "mild" smell that is natural that all women have, that men looooove..........that is our woman smell down there that turns them on.....BUT..........a funky smell...........NO WAY normal! If he could not possibly go down there because of the smell then there is a problem going on. Seriously this sounds like an infection..............some women do have a stronger odor than other's (what type of foods we eat) can play a role, but like i said it should never be really strong and foul!

Old 12-10-2005, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Well, unless you wash up after a BM, it starts to smell bad...very sour like a strong cheese...

Old 12-10-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
(male)

Teeftof HB User

Hi,

Thanks all to who replied,

I cant really describe the smell.. its not fishy really, its more of a sweaty.. just general foul smell.

I noticed the time i did go down on her (or try at least..) she seemed to get a little unnerved.. she sat up kind of and seemed tense that i was 'down there'. What exactly could i say to her about it?

Thanks again for all your replies,

Old 12-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeftof
I noticed the time i did go down on her (or try at least..) she seemed to get a little unnerved.. she sat up kind of and seemed tense that i was 'down there'. What exactly could i say to her about it?,
I say then that she was aware that she isn't fresh down there and it's making her uncomfortable. She might not be used to habit of always being 'prepared' for sex. If you're having it spontaneously, you might want to suggest - before you actually start anything - that the two of you take a shower together as if this will get you two started, not like an interruption to something already begun.
While you're in there, make sure you both soap up, don't be too shy to get to it (but don't get any soap into her actual vagina).

Good luck, this is always a very tricky situation.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

Ok if it isnt foul then it just sounds like a "normal" scent of a woman......like i said some women smell stronger than other's. This is crazy, but honestly vegetarians virtually have no smell to them whatsoever, so what you eat plays a big role! Also.........vagina's do sweat....we have wetness, discharge etc..........so a mild smell is totally normal............BUT......if you couldnt even go down there, is why i was wondering if it was a foul smell????? Otherwise, maybe she just needs to bathe more. This is a hard topic to bring up to a woman..........but the shower idea like the other posts said is a start.

Old 12-10-2005, 06:47 PM   #9
(male)

justinluck HB User

I thought I'd join this topic since I have the same question. My girlfriend has a strong smell but I never thought it could be an infection like BV? Are there any other symptoms for BV? She doesn't have any discharge. I don't know if it is possible to describe, but any women out there, could you describe what a normal vagina smells like? I've noticed that it tends to have a strong urine smell along with another odor that is hard not to gag on if breathed too deeply. Nothing else on her body smells bad. Her skin smells very good, including her underarms.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

luvgirl HB User

I don't know about foul smell's but....Teeftof I suggest you go and just try out the shower idea and casually mention that you both smell nice and fresh. Bring it up casually, also if you're having sex with her then I would be okay if my bf told me I smelled. I mean... I wouldn't want to be walking around stinking everybody up.

Also like the others have said women do have a natural smell that is normal but I find the odor to be stronger when it's ovulation time.

Last edited by luvgirl; 12-10-2005 at 09:04 PM.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:34 PM   #11

04REXSTi HB User

wow, not to threadjack, but i have the exact same question. i've noticed my girl smells kind of like b.o. down there, but i can't quite pinpoint it. it is pretty strong, and its very hard to wash off my hands afterwards. i really don't want to sound like a jerk, but it is kind of making me think of her in a different way. sometimes ive noticed her underarms smell a little like this, but its never as strong as it is down there. could it be that she just has strong body odor?

Old 12-11-2005, 03:35 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Hazel_Eyes HB User

If it's a fishy smell - then its a bacterial infection called Bacterial Vaginosis. Its easily fixable. All women... Both men and women get smelly at some point. Its normal - your urine, sweat, precum/juices and just your odor in general - they add to the smell.

You should take a shower before engaging in any sexual activity - I just think that is a rule.

Old 12-11-2005, 05:52 AM   #13
(male)

Teeftof HB User

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. I want to try the shower thing, but the reason i cant is that i live in a block of student accommodation and the showers in this place are so small its hard for one person to fit in! I dont think it would be great to fit 2 of us in... We could certainly try but i would feel the need to take my mobile in just incase we get stuck and a call to the fire brigade is in order.

I think its the same as 04REXSTi because ive noticed straight after sex the first thing i think of doing (And i know its sad) is jumping in the shower and trying to get the smell of me. it is quite hard to get off and the smell does cause me to wretch at times. But from what ive heard, its definately not a fishy smell, its more of a... cheesy sweaty smell? Its really hard to describe.. i guess ill just have to bring it up and see what her reaction is.

Thanks again for everyones input,

Peace and have a happy Christmas

Old 12-11-2005, 07:54 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

If it's been longer then a few hours since I have showered I always wash before I let my husband give me oral sex. I even sometimes will ask him to go wash before I give it to him if he's not fresh smelling. It's just something you learn with time, how to communicate with one another. I guess we have always been pretty open about communicating in that area. Maybe if you expressed being concerned about if you were fresh down there and then you both could take a shower. Just say things like you want to be fresh and clean for her. Maybe she would take the hint and you could both go and wash before sex each time.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:47 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

it could also be garderella.

Closed Thread