It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

Quirk HB User
Arrow bleeding after sex, mid-cycle.... any thoughts???

ok, so about 6 months ago i developed genital warts (hpv) for the first time ever, and they went away. it was extremely stressful on me, and ever since then i've been experiencing mid-cycle spotting (enough to have to wear a panty-liner), as well as a changed discharge consistency. i went to the doctor, and she said that because my mind/body went under a lot of stress, that it can really affect your period, and that vaginal discharge changes periodically, anyway.

well, it is the time of month for my spotting again. it has been much lighter than other months, and i've had to "finger-douche" myself to find any "tainted" discharge. last night, i had [non-rough] sex for the first time in a month, and then this morning i had no spotting at all. however, a few hours after i saw no blood at all, i began spotting or bleeding or whatever- kind of "heavily": like it's blood red like a period and was even dripping a bit when i went to the bathroom (sorry, TMI!) does anyone experience this?? is this spotting, or is this related to sex, or worse yet, something like pregnancy or even cancer (even though there was no blood for hours after i had sex)??? i'm just not sure how worried i should be.......

Old 12-16-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

Randi And. HB User
Re: bleeding after sex, mid-cycle.... any thoughts???

I am expeirencing bleeding after sex right now as well...i have one had one partner my hole life and he was a virgin as well as I. I called planned parenthood and talked to a nurse to see what it could be...she said bleeding can occur from a tear/cut from not enough lubrication during sex (of any kind), it could be an infection, but there are meany options. As for your HPV, bleeding has been known to occur from that, after sex or not. I have been told that if you are bleeding after penetration, there is something definitely wrong, and to be checked out. So...as i am in the same boat you are...i am taking the advice and getting checked out. even though i just got an exam 3 months ago. Better to be safe then sorry...Good luck with that, and hope this helps some. Im not doctor, but this is from what i have been told/read about this problem. write back and let me know if you find out anything about this bleeding...Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
(female)

Quirk HB User
Re: bleeding after sex, mid-cycle.... any thoughts???

the weird thing is, is that it didn't bleed for hours. like even when i took a shower in the morning, the mid-cycle spotting (which was just brown-tinted discharge) wasn't even present. and then later in the afternoon it started acting like the beginning of a period, like bright red blood and even little "clots." i don't think it's from the sex, but maybe because i've been so stressed about life, school etc. that's why i think i started to spot in the first place- i was so stressed about hpv! i had a normal pap in august, and then in october i went to planned parenthood to get my bleeding checked out, and the doctor said that it's normal to spot when you're ovulating. i believe her, but it just doesn't feel like it should bleed as much as it does!! i didn't know if it was because of pregnancy or dysplasia or what (though i don't think it's either, thank God!)

i think i will go again in a month or two for another pap or check-up or something. i physically feel fine, and my period and the spotting is extremely regular (never been on BC, but both come the same day each month.) this spotting business just gets a little stressful, and i think it's because of stress!! i feel like no one relates to me though..... i very much appreciate your response though, thank you good luck to you as well!!!

Closed Thread