It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2006, 07:33 AM   #1
(male)

rpp HB User
Itchy pubes after shaving?

My girlfriend is reluctant so shave off her pubes as she is worried that the re-growth will be itchy.

I remember the first time I shaved my pubes it was slightly itchy the few weeks afterwards. Is there anything which can reduce the itchiness for her?

At what stage does it become itchy? If she shaved them once or twice a week, would they have enough time to itch?

Thanks

Old 01-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User
Re: Itchy pubes after shaving?

I used to do this until I couldn't stand to have it itch and irratitated by shaving. This is a very delicate area and when shaved can be quite itchy and uncomfortable. If she would rather not shave, she could cut back some of the hair instead.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
(male)

Smoothie_Guy HB User

Shaving, at first, is traumatic on skin..especially tender skin like labia, mons, perineum, etc... It does get used to being shaved, but the time that takes is different for everyone. I think it may take ladies a tad longer because of sensitivity changes at different times in their cycles. Here are my own personal suggestions based only on my own experiences. Number one, MOISTURIZE after shaving! The razor not only cuts the hair down, but removes a tiny layer of skin too. That makes things sensitive. Next, (and there might be some debate on this) use a quality razor. There are those that will tell you disposables do a fine job, and they are affordable...I am NOT one of those folks. Invest in a good quality razor and shave gel/foam. Have her soak in the shower or tub so the hair absorbs moisture, making it easier to cut down close. Start off going with the growth direction of the hair, later add lateral strokes to get closer.

If she does get red bumps, itching, etc...try a cream with hydrocortizone in it.

Eventually, her skin will adjust. She could also try waxing, I have enjoyed the smoothness that comes with waxing.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

young momma HB User

I have been shaving for quite some time now. It itched at first. It doesn't at all anymore. In fact, it starts to irritate me if I don't keep it clean shaven. I bathe in epsom salt to keep it from breaking out. It is wonderful!!! I use to break out really bad. Ingrown hairs and redness. Oh!! I'm glad I found something that works good. If she doesn't get used to it, she can always take beard trimmers with the smallest guard on it. The next best thing to being hairless.

Also, in the beginning if it does get irritated, she should use neosporin with the pain stuff in it. I feel like a dip, I can't remember what the name is. Anyway, shave regularly, like every other day. It is best to take a bath and shave last. Put lots of epsom salt in the tub! Only use the same blade a couple times. When you use a dull blade it can hurt really bad! Plus, bad bad razor burn!

I wish her luck!!!

Closed Thread