It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #1

lavinia75 HB User
Unhappy yeast infection from oral sex??

I've always been prone to yeast infections and now they seem to be getting worse. I frequently get them after I have sex and I think I have narrowed it down to after I recieve oral sex. They always start off with my clitoris getting really itchey. I then experience EXTREME itching all over and I swell to 2 or 3 times the normal size. I rarely experience cottage cheese like discharge. I've just been to the doctor and got tested for everything so it's not an STD. Does this happen to anyone else or does anyone know how I can stop this???

Old 02-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User
Re: yeast infection from oral sex??

I'm not sure I've ever heard of getting a yeast infection from oral sex. It's caused by an imbalance of the good/bad bacteria. I used to get them a lot when I was on birth control pills. You can also be more prone when taking antibiotics (kills off the "good" bacteria). Could it be either of these things? If not and you do suspect the oral sex, then give it a rest for a month or two and see if you get one during that time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
(female)

HotMomma HB User

Hey there; I just posted a reply about this to another gal! I have chronic yeast and when I have oral, I most tend to get a yeast infection. There is very little discharge of anything, just the itchy, hot, annoying feeling. There is definitely a correlation for me. I think it must have to do with the amount of bacteria in the mouth!

Chronic yeast means it is deep in my tissues. It was overlooked for years even though I would go in to be tested. The bacteria rarely registered high enough on their swab tests to be considered "yeast" by their normal standards, so it went untreated! It took a long length of repetitive treatment by the right gyno who studies yeast to get my red vaginal tissue to return to pink. My immune system is totally over-reactive to the tiniest bit of yeast that would not be problematic for most women.

I am mostly pink now... but with oral, it still tends to trigger it. Ask your doc about using boric acid capsule after sex. It helps maintain your proper level of pH there! Good luck - I know it can be very troubling!

Old 03-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #4
(female)

LadyShriver1 HB User

This is a definitie possibility! If you are with the same gentleman, he may actually have an untreated yeast infection in his mouth or throat. Those types of yeast infections can be very painful or almost asymptomatic. If it's been different men, than it may just be that you are very susceptible, or as HotMomma said, have a chronic infection. If it was the same guy, you may have to talk to him about it, as embarassing as it may be, but you could be helping him find out he has a problem too. This was the case for a friend of mine several years ago...and once HE was treated, the problem never returned.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
(female)

LiaD HB User

I used to get them a lot from oral sex as well and let me give you one piece of advice...if your partner has had beer that night, don't let him go down there. There is yeast in beer and it can definitely trigger one. Since I have stopped the orl sex on the drinking nights-crappy but it's a must-I haven't gotten one.

Always make sure you pee before and after any kind of sex, it mainly helps for UTI's, but it's still good for down there in general.

Closed Thread