It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
(female)

souldesire2000 HB User
Can you kill sperm with germ-x?

I was wondering if sperm could be killed with ethyl alcohol (the main ingredient in germ-x)? Like, if you got sperm on your fingers and used germ-x, and then touched yourself, like to use the bathroom, would it get you pregnant? Just wondering, thanks to anyone who responds.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #2
(male)

coddylove HB User
Re: Can you kill sperm with germ-x?

Sperm Cells Are Gametes So Tht Means Tht They Are Germ Cells So I Do Believe That Alcohol Would Kill It If Not Get Some Iodine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
(female)

pooboo HB User

Sperm cells are not germ cells... that is a crock.

I would think that germ-x would kill them, but am not completely sure. If you wash your hands well with soap and water you can get it all off easily.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
(female)

crushme HB User

OMG...Germ cells in terms of the "gametes" the poster speaks of are from the "germ line" i.e. sperm and eggs. Alcohol disrupts cell membranes, it would kill some cells but not all. But you don't usually have to worry, the chances from that kind of transfer are very small.

Closed Thread