It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2006, 11:05 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User
Can having sex while you're dry cause an yeast infection?

I read on the Monistat site that an yeast infection is not caused by having sex. But this is the second time that it happened to me. I had sex while I was pretty dry. And it kinda hurt. The next day, I felt itchy and it developed into an yeast infection.

Has this happened to anyone else here?

Old 07-20-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: Can having sex while you're dry cause an yeast infection?

How in the world can the monistat box say that a yeast infection isn't caused by having sex? They are wrong in my opinion. It can happen and it does happen. If I'm wrong then so be it, but I totally disagree with monistat boxes!

If you have gotten a yeast infection twice after having sex, then I'd say you are proving that box wrong too.

I hope this gets better for you. It's such an uncomfortable thing to deal with-especially during the summer!

Lezlee

Last edited by ozzybug; 07-20-2006 at 12:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 03:15 AM   #3
(female)

dancechik024 HB User

i agree... i think sex can cause yeast infections, among the thousands of other things, its very easy to mess up the Ph balance down there, but if you think the reason is from having sex when you were dry just get some lubricant it will feel alot better and you [hopefully] wont have to deal with the YI anymore, and you can determine if that is the source of them depending if they return or not.

Old 07-20-2006, 06:38 AM   #4
(female)

picksie HB User

Totally disagree with the Monistat box!!!! I've gotten them before after an unusual amount of sex. Typically, when we are having a pretty "wild" night, I will dry up more than usual and if I don't keep applying lubricant, you can bet I will get a little yeasty. Sometimes it goes away after a day or so, sometimes I get a full-blown yeast infection.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #5
(female)

HockeyFan12 HB User

Sex itself does not cause the yeast infection. It could be that the person you are having sex with is not totally clean, and perhaps sweat on them, or dirt causes the yeast infection..

But chances are that hte yeast infection was already present, and having sex just showed the symptoms. Dryness and pain during sex is a sign of a yeast infection, and if your feeling that, youve already had the yeast infeciton, and didnt just get it that second.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

Somtimes I do itch down there after having sex. But it goes away in 2 days, and it's very mild, so I don't need any medications.

Just wondering what really causes yeast infections. I usually have sex after we both take a shower, so we're clean. I do this not mainly for yeast infection, but because I get UT infections easily so I want to be clean.

But could having sex while you're dry or rubbing too hard cause an yeast infection?

Old 08-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
(female)

angeleyes0906 HB User

Having sex while experiencing dryness should not cause a recurrent yeast infection. The vagina has a natural balance of yeast and bacteria, when hormones, lubricants (scented, flavored, ect) and body fluids are mixed in your balance can be shifted resulting in yi or bv.

Closed Thread