HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sexual Health - Women (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-women/)
-   -   does this sound familiar with the itching (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-women/420182-does-sound-familiar-itching.html)

jesswood 08-17-2006 06:40 AM

does this sound familiar with the itching

hello everyone i have a question. Does anyone have problems with burning an itching after have sex. Could it be a possible that theres disruption of the ph blance in the vagina. I want to say that it may be a yeast infection but i don't have any discharge. yes i have tryed the 3 day monistate it ususally help but this time the discomfort want go away has any other ladies had this same kind of problems:confused:

Soulmurdered 08-17-2006 03:04 PM

Re: does this sound familiar with the itching

Funny, i'm having the same issue since I hooked back up with my estranged boyfriend. I am going in to be tested for stuff, but you may want to look up Trichomoniasis, it's simular to a yeast infection, and is very curable and very common.

Good luck to you

SM

shannonbarie 08-17-2006 07:03 PM

If it is Trich you would know. The discharge and smell gives it away right away. A trip to the doc's office would probably be a good idea to make sure nothing is wrong.

Audrey-B 08-18-2006 03:42 AM

The only time i had those symptoms after sex was when i had a recurring yeast infection. I had no symptoms of yeast otherwise, only when i had sex it was uncomfortable and burning.

jesswood 08-18-2006 08:30 AM

thanks everyone for the feed back i went to the doctor and he gave me a prescription called flagy(oral metronidazole) to clear it up the bacteria infections with comes from uses a lot of feminine deodorant spray.

s cubed 08-23-2006 05:30 PM

I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginitis a few years ago. I itched all the time, but sex seemed to exacerbate the symptoms. I started taking acidophilus supplements which takes the itch away in about a week. You may not have enough of the good bacteria and the acidophilus will take care of that.

lola99 08-24-2006 04:30 PM

I was having problems with itching after sex. It turned out that I was allergic to the condoms my boyfriend and I were useing. I didn't read if you were using or not using condoms, but that could also be an issue.

Audrey-B 08-25-2006 02:26 AM

Some lubricants have been known to cause itching and general iritation too.

I take a probiotic capsule religiously, no matter what's going on with my body. I wish i had done this years ago and i wouldn't have gotten some of the nasty yeast infections i had to put up with.