It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
(female)

jilli47 HB User
am I supposed to feel something during sex??

Hi Everyone,
So, I've had sex a few times now with my boyfriend, and I don't feel anything!! Of course I would never tell him that, but honestly, is intercourse for women actually supposed to feel good?? He stimulates my clitoral area, and that feels great, but I feel like actual intercourse is just for males. I can feel him in me kind of but beyond that...nothing. I got over my nervousness and intercourse wasn't painful and i've been to a doctor and am healthy. Do any other women here not feel anything through sex???? Can anyone offer advice or similar experiences??

Last edited by jilli47; 09-22-2006 at 07:35 PM.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: am I supposed to feel something during sex??

Majority of women are completely unable to orgasm through intercourse alone. Some type of clitoral stimulation is necessary for MAJORITY of women to have an orgasm during sex. So, you're not the only one, you're one of MANY.

You just need to experiment with different positions where you can either manually stimulate yourself or use a vibrator or something of that nature.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User

I'm sure there are a lot of guys who would be glad to stimulate a gal's clitoris with their hand while penetrating her vagina, if they were asked.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It takes a long time and a lot of experimentation to find positions that make you feel good. There are more than just missionary and on top. Do some experimenting. You'll find something that feels good. Then you have to have patience to learn how to make it even better. I can orgasm in a lot of different positions....but I had to learn what made me feel good. And if it feels good and you show it...he'll love to keep doing it!

Old 09-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Every reply so far has been right on, but I wanted to add that while just intercourse itself is usually not enough to bring a woman to orgasm, it should at least still feel good and be arousing. Are you saying it is completely without any pleasure for you? A big fat nothing? If that's the case, then there might be something a little off...

Old 09-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
(female)

jilli47 HB User

Hi again everyone,
Thank you for your responses. Thisby, I guess I'd say actual intercourse feels just as good as someone stroking my arm would feel. I can feel it, but it doesn't feel particularly great. It does feel good when my guy stimulates my clitoris during intercourse, but the actual penetration I could easily live without. I guess like suggested, I should just try different positions and experiment around. I enjoy sex anyway I suppose just because I'm as close as I can be to someone I love. Even though you ladies can't orgasm through just intercourse, does that alone feel great to you and turn you on?
Again, thanks everyone...and take care.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:35 PM   #7
(female)

adriennerose HB User

your feelings are pretty typical when you're young and inexperienced.
don't worry...you'll get it...

Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

luvgirl HB User

I'm not too sure as to how she's not feeling anything because she's inexperienced. I wonder if you don't feel anything is because his girth is um too small. If he's not "wide" enough then it's harder to stimulate vs a guy that's a bit bigger. Since for me when you say you feel like somebody is just stroking your arm is just not right. You should at least feel aroused even if you can't orgasm through penetration.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:08 AM   #9
(female)

jilli47 HB User

hmmm yah good point. I kind of wondered why my inexperience would cause me to not feel physical pleasure. I didn't think sex was something you had to work at a lot for it to feel remotely good...otherwise woman wouldn't want sex right? My boyfriend is average, or above average girth and I'm really small, so I don't think thats the problem. Maybe I'm just a mutant destined to sex that doesn't feel like much at all.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, you do have to work at it...to find out what you like, what you don't, which positions do what for you. It's not up to him to make you orgasm..it's up to you to figure out what makes you orgasm and convey that to him. It's a lifelong learning process. The man I've been with the past year and I are still finding things we can enjoy....that's what makes it fun...and good for both of us. Take your time.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:31 PM   #11
(female)

LadyMirabelle HB User

Sex wasn't all that good for me for a while when I first started. We tried lots of different positions, but we were both pretty awkward because we were both really inexperienced (we were comfortable with each other, but there is a learning curve). It definitely gets better (for both of you) with more practice. There are lots of different things you can try to make it good for you...positions, sources of stimulation, etc. You are *not* destined to have sex that doesn't feel like much at all unless you are against experimentation!
-Mirabelle

Old 09-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #12
(female)

pinkkangaroo HB User

hey, i know what you're talking about...and like some said, it has little to do with inexperience IMO. I just think that some women are more senitive than others inside. I have been sexually active for 5 years, and never had an orgasm through penetration alone. I understand where you are coming from. There are many positions that feel better than others, that is true...and exerimenting is key, but still may not work for everyone. The ppl that get off within 5 minutes or whatever are bound to think that everyone can...but i have tried everything. I'm completely relaxed and yes, it does feel good, but it really isnt anything i can't live w/o. All those factors that everyone names like size etc can play a role, but i think that i do agree with the original poster and i can relate. Now, age may play a big part to. Not experience, but just physical maturity i really believe plays a role in the way things feel. Anyways, good luck

Old 09-28-2006, 09:41 PM   #13
Veteran

HelpHelpHelp HB User

i can relate. it does get better with time, but still, every now and I then I don't feel much at all, and the guy has always been average OR MORE!

No O from intercourse, just oral. I've felt close, but never gone over the top.

I have wondered the same things as you....is there something wrong with me? If there something wrong with him? But like a doctor once told me, sex is NOTHING like you see in the movies. In real life, someone is falling off the bed, getting jabbed with an arm, etc. Haha.

Don't give up. I probably would've if my bf hadn't kept going.

I would get frustrated, because when i had sex it was like i got the emotional stuff, but sheesh, I wanted some of the physical pleasure, TOO!

I am also small like you, and have wondered if maybe small girls don't feel it as much??? Hopefully someone will disprove me!

I had a friend, not aware of my situation, once say in casual conversation, "If you have to use a vibrator, then you're broken." This made me feel horrible 'cause I know myself and so many others who make regular use of these!

I even wondered at some point if my verrrrrry conservative parents had something done to me as a baby to deterr me from sex later on in life...crazy, I know...

as i said things will get better. but i can relate to your frustrations. just enjoy pleasuring him and over time things will get better. i promise.

Last edited by HelpHelpHelp; 09-28-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:58 AM   #14
(female)

jilli47 HB User

Hi again everyone,
Thank you all for your responses. It makes me feel better to know that at least I'm not some mutant. I'll just keep experimenting and hope that sex gets better. Maybe I just thought sex was going to be this amazing thing that was incredibly pleasurable. I heard my friends talking about it and in movies they make a big deal of it. I hate to bring this into the topic, but does anyone think its not fair that it clearly feels so much more amazing to men. Obviously I don't know what men are feeling, but it seems that they think it feels incredible. oh well, c'est la vie.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:37 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

It's not fair if your boyfriend takes all the pleasure and doesn't do anything for you. Even if intercourse is not enough for you, he should do other things for you. If he's not willing, then I would stop giving him any pleasure.

Closed Thread