It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

Asphyxiating HB User
Unhappy Perineal tears during sex

Hi,

I'm a bit concerned as everytime I have sex, my perineum tears a little bit, and causes bleeding. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to stop it tearing so easily as it can be very irritating afterwards? However, it does tend to heal within a few days.

Thanks x x

Old 11-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Perineal tears during sex

Could be that your partner is too large, too rough sex, having a low grade yeast infection keeping tissue fragile, or lack of lubrication, or tissues are to dry all times.

Last edited by Misty800; 11-12-2006 at 12:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2006, 06:57 AM   #3
(male)

The Mike HB User

Maybe you need to stretch it out before sex. Fingers or even a toy or something to get ready for sex could help stretch it instead of tearing it.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I deal with the SAME thing. I was fine when I first started having sex. Even my first time did not hurt and I never had little tears occuring. Then one time it happened when things were rough and they keep coming back. I've had them pretty painful.. where they tear all up the sides as well! No fun at all. I have tried going weeks without sex after they heal, but they seem to come back!

I have been trying to find an answer as well, but I just try to let them heal when I do get them to prevent them getting worse, and sometimes put a dab of cream on it (on the outside only to prevent irritation) and it seems to help it heal faster. I find that I get them from certain positions, so I try to be more careful during those times. Sometimes I wish they would just scar over and toughen up.. but I guess any rougher sex will make them come back!

Let me know if you find out anything that helps!

Old 11-18-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
(female)

Asphyxiating HB User

the weird thing is, maybe the sex is pretty rough as well, but it happens when i masturbate and during foreplay even before sex although it doesn't bleed as much then, it is very irritation. the only thing i can do that helps is put a bit of vaseline, but i've not been successful in stopping easy tearing yet x x

Old 11-18-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
(female)

Asphyxiating HB User

Is it worth mentioning to the doc? Doubt there'd be much of a solution though, but surely bleeding and constant tearing of perineum can't be good in the long-term..

Old 11-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
(male)

glerio HB User

What is perineal tears?

My...sounds painful.Hope you find a cure. A lubricant might help? I hope my suggestions are not too irrelevant.

I know that some medicines makes some membranes thin. For e.g Roaccutane made my skin lips so thin that a grain of salt would set my mouth on fire. My lips were bright red, and I had to use lip balm.
SO they were glossy red!! and me being a male teen at that time....

Gd luck

Old 11-28-2006, 11:11 PM   #8
(female)

npainnTN HB User

Hi, I don't know how old you are so this may be irrelavent but if you are old enough for menopausal symptoms then you may have some vaginal atrophy. There are several other things that could be happening. Have you had an episiotomy before?

I have had this problem in the past. Mainly, after I first had sex. But I had went to a novelty party and they had a product called "peniscillin" it has almond oil and benzoin in it (thats it, not actually anything to do with antibiotics). I would think you can also get it at an adult store or online. It doesn't help prevent the tears but it does help with the pain afterwards. I used it after intercourse after I urinated. It works great. Even if your problem isn't tears and you are just tender and irritated after intercourse.

Hopes this helps.
j

Old 12-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Are you on birth control?? My doctor told me that sometimes the pill can make you a little off balance down there and that can cause it to tear so easily. She said even though it isn't an infection or anything, a yeast cream like monistat put only around the outside can help. She said don't use the full treatments though. I don't know if this is true or not. .but might be worth looking into. Seems like why not try it when nothing else seems to help!

I use plenty of foreplay, well lubricated.. still happens!

Oh and perineal tears, to answer the question asked a couple posts ago, are tears towards the bottom of the vaginal opening. The skin just kind of rips.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #10
(female)

npainnTN HB User

What kind of lubrication are you useing? When I finally got up the nerve to ask my doctor about it, he said to try astroglide as opposed to ky. And it helped a little. Another thing you can try is starting out with a ***** of some type very slow. Not to do anything but just to let it sit and stratch out those muscles. Thats what I had to do after I had my daughter, and a huge episiotomy. Position where he does not go in as far would be better as well.

Has anybody tried to find the peniscillin that i mentioned before. I haven't seen it anywhere since I bought mine. That was a god send for me. and still is. Like I said it has the benzoin in it to slightly numb the area. Works like a charm.

My doctor just recently prescribed Estrace for me. I have not had a period in 17 months and counting so my vaginal tissues are thinner anyway. I haven't started it yet. Has anybody ever tried this? Good luck. Sorry this ended up being so long.

j

Old 12-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by npainnfla
What kind of lubrication are you useing? When I finally got up the nerve to ask my doctor about it, he said to try astroglide as opposed to ky. And it helped a little. Another thing you can try is starting out with a ***** of some type very slow. Not to do anything but just to let it sit and stratch out those muscles. Thats what I had to do after I had my daughter, and a huge episiotomy. Position where he does not go in as far would be better as well.

Has anybody tried to find the peniscillin that i mentioned before. I haven't seen it anywhere since I bought mine. That was a god send for me. and still is. Like I said it has the benzoin in it to slightly numb the area. Works like a charm.

My doctor just recently prescribed Estrace for me. I have not had a period in 17 months and counting so my vaginal tissues are thinner anyway. I haven't started it yet. Has anybody ever tried this? Good luck. Sorry this ended up being so long.

j
I actually do not use a lubricant. I tried using them but it was just TOO much and I realized I didn't have any problems with my own lubricant and there was enough.. sometimes almost too much! Actually I tried KY once, I forget which one, and it made me burn down there. .so I didn't try that kind again. It was uncomfortable.. I think it was one of those warming ones, but it was not a pleasant warming when I used it and felt HOT.

I do find that certain positions help more than others.. but I would hate to have to give up my favorite positions, b/c those are the ones that I orgasm every time with, and unfortunately the ones that cause the tears!

I haven't tried any of those medicines.. it seems like my doctor didn't even know what to tell me. I would love to try that numbing medicine if it would help. I'll have to look around for it. I looked into the yeast medicines like they told me to look at, but I am scared to use it when I don't have an infection and don't want to cause any problems. And the medications say not to use tampons when using them and I do not like to use pads... so I don't know what to do!

Old 12-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #12
(female)

npainnTN HB User

The KY was very uncomfortable for me as well. I also thought that it burned, but at the time I guess I didn't really realize what all was out there. The astroglide was much better. It doesn't get as sticky as fast, and it did not burn me.

When I finally get to start the estrace I will let you all know how it worked. I am really excited about it. One of my friends took it about 1 year after she had her baby, because she was still breastfeeding and not having periods, so the same thing happened to her. She said it made a huge difference, she also said that she only put hers on the outside. If you were not satisfied with what you gyn told you. You should get a second opinion. Is your a woman? I personally have only been to men, but I think with something like this a woman would have a better prospective of it. My GP is actually the one to prescribe the estrace, because my gyn was afraid to put me on somthing that has estrogen in it, because of hte blood clots.

Another thing about the doctor. Is you could try calling and making an appointment like the morning after especially if they are noticeable tears. That way they can see exactly what you are talking about. I would tell them in vague terms that you believe you have a tear in your perineum and you really would like to be seen that day. ( the receptionist doesn't really need to know details.) Maybe that way they can see them. I think doctors tend to think people over react. I have a lot of experience with doctors and most are that way unfortunately.

Not to be nosey but have you tried using the toys like I said earlier not to climax with but just to stretch the skin in a more gentle way. (You do not have to answer on the board, you know what you have tried.) just thought it might help because it has helped me.

j

Old 12-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #13
(female)

LJ56 HB User

I was going to suggest Estrace cream. I have it and it works well. It heals up the tear very quickly but once the tear clears I don't continue using it although I probably should so it's happened again. I also have an ongoing yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis. So hopefully once all that clears up and I continue to use the Estrace cream it will be better.

My tear came from a trauma. My ex and I had some rough sex almost 2 years ago which started all this. It was like an episiotomy tear which got infected.. so now it tears to much easier. But the Estrace cream has definitely helped to thickening the tissue there. Hopefully it works for you. Cause this sucks having to deal with this all the time!

Old 12-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ56
I was going to suggest Estrace cream. I have it and it works well. It heals up the tear very quickly but once the tear clears I don't continue using it although I probably should so it's happened again. I also have an ongoing yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis. So hopefully once all that clears up and I continue to use the Estrace cream it will be better.

My tear came from a trauma. My ex and I had some rough sex almost 2 years ago which started all this. It was like an episiotomy tear which got infected.. so now it tears to much easier. But the Estrace cream has definitely helped to thickening the tissue there. Hopefully it works for you. Cause this sucks having to deal with this all the time!
For you did Estrace help prevent the tears ever? Especially if you continue to use it afterwards? I really may have to look into it.

I think I got my first tear ever from rough sex too and now the skin just seems weaker. I thought it would toughen up with time but it's gotten worse. I haven't had sex in several days and I have tears spread almost all the way up both sides and there was blood even today. It hurts when I shower to wash down there, but I don't want to skip washing! I am very gentle too.

About the sex toys, I do not have any, but even just touching and oral sex can cause if it there is any pressure near the bottom of the opening. I can prevent them if I try not to do that SOMETIMES but it's really tough to do that.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #15
(female)

shapleybug HB User
Talking Re: Perineal tears during sex

Ello,
Yup I also had the same problem although mine was always when i was on top, i went to the docs and was referred to the hospital where i had a tiny incision made and stitched and hey presto never had a problem with it since!

Closed Thread