It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Sweet55 HB User
Going To The Bathroom After Sex All The Time?

I read that your supposed to go to the bathroom after everytime that u have sex.
Why is this???
What if u can't go to the bathroom after sex???
Like u can't pee or poop after sex???
Because u don't have to go or because it just won't come out???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Justawondering HB User
Re: Going To The Bathroom After Sex All The Time?

What you have heard has some truth to it, after having sex you are supposed to pee and flush your vagina of bacteria/fluids that were exchanged during sex. Its not necessary but I guess you could say helpful in the prevention of infections.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi...it doesn't flush the vagina or help prevent vaginal infection, urine doesn't come out of the vagina.

The purpose of it is to helps keep bacteria out of the urethra in the hopes of preventing a urinary tract/bladder infection. Women have a short urethra, easy for bacteria/yeast to find its way to quickly to the bladder.

quincy

Old 12-25-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

quincy is right. Urinating after sex flushed out the urethra which is good for preventing UTIs. It does nothing for the vagina. Even if you just pee a little, it is better than nothing.

(And defecating has nothing to do with it at all so I don't know where you got that from, lol.)

Old 12-26-2006, 03:05 AM   #5
(female)

jete23 HB User

I always urinate after sex-not by choice, I always feel like I have to pee afterwards. I haven't had a bladder infection (knock on wood) since I lost my virginity, so I guess it works.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Sweet55 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
quincy is right. Urinating after sex flushed out the urethra which is good for preventing UTIs. It does nothing for the vagina. Even if you just pee a little, it is better than nothing.

(And defecating has nothing to do with it at all so I don't know where you got that from, lol.)

What does UTIs stand for???

Old 01-01-2007, 05:26 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

shorti HB User

well i have never urinated after sex because i have never needed to and i have never had any bladder infections.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
(female)

mavel HB User

URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS (UTIs)

Old 01-04-2007, 11:33 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I pee EVERY time after sex.. if I can't go, I just drink some water and try again soon after. Reason why is that I got two urinary tract infections in a row.. and my boyfriend and I aren't dirty or anything! They are easy to get.. but urinating after sex prevents them. You don't have to go RIGHT away but the sooner, the better. I havent heard anything about pooping after sex.. I don't think I would want to be having sex if I was needing to go anyway!

Closed Thread