It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
Cramps after orgasm?

For the past couple of months, I noticed that whenever I masturbate (I've never had sex), and have an orgasm(usually from clitoral stimulation only), I get cramps that feel like period cramps. They can last from a few minutes to a few hours. This never happened until recently. Anyone know what this could be?

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
(female)

Somnambulist HB User
Re: Cramps after orgasm?

When you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts so I think this is what you're feeling. Also, I have found that actually having sex will bring on my period sooner. It's strange, but true. I think the orgasm somehow helps start the cramps in the uterus if you're near your period. I have also had some cramping in my uterus without being near or getting my period (from masturbation as you described.) I'm not a doctor but in my experience this cramping goes away and seems harmless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User

Thanks for your reply!

Old 01-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
(female)

tmomma80 HB User

I have heard before that it has something to do with all of the blood that flows and builds up. After you orgasm it can cause cramping, especialy if the orgasm is rushed or built up over a long period of time. I think it is just the blood having to even back out. I think we have all experienced this from time to time. It's normal

Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #5
(female)

paleegrl HB User

It is normal to experience these cramps after ANY orgasm, be it from manual stimulation or from intercourse. Part of what happens during intercourse is the release of the hormone oxytocin, whose partial function is to help the uterus contract during labor. Typically, the bigger the orgasm, the tougher the cramping. Not to worry if you are pregnant though (which I know you said you've never had sex, so you are obviously not!); the cramping will only cause labor very late in the 3rd trimester or possibly if you have a high-risk pregnancy. And yes, because the uterus contracts, you may experience early onset of your period, but the period will not be lengthened by these cramps. Not every female experiences cramps like these; my theory is that you just have stronger orgasms if you do! Hope this answers your question.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Happens to me sometimes! I especially hate it when my legs cramp up very badly after an orgasm during sex.. I kind of can't move for a minute!

Closed Thread