It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

crackersforme HB User
anal sex & blacking out

I had somewhat of a scary moment last night....scary in that it has never happened to me before. Me & my bf were having regular sex last night & it switched over to anal sex. We don't do this that often...but have done it many times before. Anyways, we got extra lube & he started to insert. He was barely in when all of a sudden I got this terrible (& I mean SHARP) shooting pain there & I immediately went dizzy....almost blacking out. Everything was fuzzy for a few minutes (you know when you can't see & you hear this high pitched squeal like you're just coming to)...then we continued on as normal..but went back to normal sex. We tried it again later on that night & everything was fine. No problems today...not even sore. Had a normal bowel movement this morning...no pain or blood whatsoever. What happened that would make that shooting pain & have me almost passing out??

Old 02-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

opple HB Useropple HB User
Re: anal sex & blacking out

Maybe doesn't seem like it was the anal sex to blame, though you probably would do well not to try it again until you speak with a doctor. Blacking out needs to be checked out for the cause.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
(female)

crackersforme HB User

No...it was DEFINITELY the anal sex. It felt like he ripped me open & I think that's where the shooting stabbing pain came from, but like I mentioned....didn't hurt about a 1/2 hr. later & have had no problems today. You'd think if he had tore me that I would have been sore today...bled...trouble with bowel movement..but nothing.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
(female)

crackersforme HB User
Lightbulb Re: anal sex & blacking out

I was just thinking...is there any nerves near there that he could have maybe hit?? I dunno........

Old 02-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

opple HB Useropple HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackersforme View Post
No...it was DEFINITELY the anal sex. It felt like he ripped me open & I think that's where the shooting stabbing pain came from, but like I mentioned....didn't hurt about a 1/2 hr. later & have had no problems today. You'd think if he had tore me that I would have been sore today...bled...trouble with bowel movement..but nothing.
Still, blacking out is an extreme reaction, especially if you and he have done anal sex before. I wouldn't just keep worrying and wondering. If you are okay now is probably not appropriate for the emergency room but you need to tell your regular doctor what happened. Take care.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

wholegrain HB User

Okay this has happened to me...sort of. I've never had anal sex, but a few years ago I had a similar experience. Forgive me if this is TMI, I wouldn't normally tell a story like this but I think it could help you.

Well when I was in high school once years ago I was having a bowel movement. Everything seemed totally normal and then I had a sharp pain like you described, and everything went dark. I got extremely dizzy and almost passed out. I was at school, so I called my mom from my cell phone in the bathroom. She told me to go see the nurse immediately. The feeling wore off within the next few minutes and I went to the nurse. The school nurse told me that you have some type of nerve or something in your anus that when hit at just the right angle, somehow causes a synapse that restricts blood flow to your brain and makes you faint or almost faint.

She described it as being similar to passing out because of extreme pain. For some reason this one nerve is just extremely sensitive and even if it isn't in distress intense enough to cause extreme pain, it can still cause the passing-out-from pain reaction.

I think this is probably what happened to you because your experience sounds very similar to mine (minus the sex)- I too was totally fine later, no bleeding, no pain. I'd still recommend talking to a doctor just in case it was something else.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

There is a nerve around the anus called the vagal nerve. Sometimes when that nerve is stimulated (via anal sex, bowel movement, etc.), it can cause a decrease in heartrate which could result in what happened to you. This doesn't happen all of the time (explaining why you did it again later without incident). Sometimes you hear of people passing out while having a bowel movement because of excessive straining, well this is what happens, they "vagal down", as it is called, the heartrate drops, and the person passes out. Hope this helps.

Amy

Old 03-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #8
(female)

crackersforme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholegrain View Post
Okay this has happened to me...sort of. I've never had anal sex, but a few years ago I had a similar experience. Forgive me if this is TMI, I wouldn't normally tell a story like this but I think it could help you.

Well when I was in high school once years ago I was having a bowel movement. Everything seemed totally normal and then I had a sharp pain like you described, and everything went dark. I got extremely dizzy and almost passed out. I was at school, so I called my mom from my cell phone in the bathroom. She told me to go see the nurse immediately. The feeling wore off within the next few minutes and I went to the nurse. The school nurse told me that you have some type of nerve or something in your anus that when hit at just the right angle, somehow causes a synapse that restricts blood flow to your brain and makes you faint or almost faint.

She described it as being similar to passing out because of extreme pain. For some reason this one nerve is just extremely sensitive and even if it isn't in distress intense enough to cause extreme pain, it can still cause the passing-out-from pain reaction.

I think this is probably what happened to you because your experience sounds very similar to mine (minus the sex)- I too was totally fine later, no bleeding, no pain. I'd still recommend talking to a doctor just in case it was something else.
Thanks!! You & Sobannon....this does sound exactly like what happened to me. I will mention it to my doc when I go in a few weeks, but it scared the *ell out of me that night!!

Closed Thread