It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

emmasith HB User
Average vagina length?

I've recently started become more familiar with my body and I'm very concerned about this issue.

Due to being a virgin, I only insert one finger when I'm "probing around", and the other day I decided to try and see how long my vagina is. I was feeling extremely aroused so I took advantage of it, not to masterbate but so that it'd be easier for me to slip inside and feel around. Might sound strange. I put in my middle finger, and found that I was touching a ball shaped mass at the top of my vagina. I felt a small dimple in the middle, so I guess this is my cervix. But the problem is - I was aroused, yet I was feeling my cervix with my finger, which is about 3 inches in length. After researching, I understand that this is an average size for a vagina - but in a relaxed state. I was highly aroused. Yet when I've inserted into myself unaroused before I've never encountered this, though maybe I didn't probe slightly as deep, but surely if I did happen to have a small vagina/low cervix, if it was 3inches up aroused, it'd be right next to the opening in a relaxed state?

I then tried to insert a thin handle of a soft brush, and I managed to push it in 4 inches, but it was pressing on something because I felt a dull ache.

Alot of the stuff I'm reading online contradicts other sources - I just want a straight answer! What is the average size of a vagina? Am I normal?

Also, many of the sites state that average length when aroused is 5inches, but with pressure it will expand to accomodate a larger penis. And then the same sites go on to say that large penises will hit the cervix! Surely to put pressure on and to expand the vagina, the penis will have to put pressure on the cervix? I'm so confused.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

plainjayne HB User
Re: Average vagina length?

i have also heard the average length is 5inches. the vagina does lengthen when aroused to accomodate different penis sizes. my boyfriend is of average size and i can often feel a dull ache which i assume is him knocking my cervix. i have also once had sex with a very large man and he fit fine also so it does not always stay the same length hope that made sense???x

Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 AM   #3
(female)

shapleybug HB User
Re: Average vagina length?

i don't think anyone really knows this for sure, the vagina will fit what ever is inside, i understand that when not being used the walls are flat and everything is relaxed.

the more aroused you are the vagina relaxes and becomes lubricated, this may well be the reason behind the change you feel at diffrent times.

relax tho you are normal.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:22 AM   #4
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
Wink Re: Average vagina length?

I can also feel the cervix very low like 3 inches, that made me freak out a couple of years ago , thinking I had a cancerous mass or something lol!

Closed Thread