It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
(male)

PJStylish HB User
Very Strong Odor - Help

I absolutely love having sex with my wife but over the past little while I've noticed an extremely strong odor, mostly when we are in the "doggie" position. When I'm on top I don't notice the scent much, but whenever we get into doggie position, it's VERY strong.

I've mentioned this to my wife in as nice a manner as possible and she was understanding about it but still no resolution. I do climax inside her as we are trying to get pregnant, but I don't recall the scent being this strong 4-5 years ago when we were trying to conceive our first child.

I know that we all have our natural odors/scents... but I've been with my wife for 17 years now, since we were 17 years of age and it's never been this bad/strong.

Any suggestions? Thanks...

P.S - It's not always like this... probably 75-80% of the time....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User
Re: Very Strong Odor - Help

well, this sounds to me like bacterial vaginosis (not a scary as it does sound) an imbalance in her bateria...when a woman has it, there is a strong odor, grey discharge/white clumpy discharge, pain during sex,etc. Look it up on a search engine. It could also be a yeast infection. Have your wife go in to have herself checked, her gyno will tell her if she has some sort of infection and will be able to treat her.

Last edited by kirsten07; 03-23-2007 at 12:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

Hey PJ-
I do know that during different times on a woman's cycle, the smell of her discharge can change, and the odor as well as the amount of her natural dishcarge. It can have a stronger odor at some times, and no odor at others, and can he heavier during some times than other times as well.

If she isn't having any kind of itching, burning, pain during sex, or unusual discharge, it could be very normal, however, it wouldn't hurt to have her see her gyno just to make sure everything is ok. Sometimes the only sign/symptom of BV (bacterial vaginosis) is a foul odor. My thoughts are that it's always a good idea to be safe rather than sorry- especially since you two are trying to concieve.

Another thing to know, is that our body chemicals change every few years, and this can also cause our normal odors to change as well. But again, since this is something out of the "norm", it would be good to have it checked out.

One more question- is it possible that the odor you are smelling could be from her anus, and not her vagina? I ask this because you say you notice it when you are having sex doggie style and not when you are on top.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
(female)

plainjayne HB User

i agree! are yu sure the smell is from her vagina?? maybe you could offer to run her a bath and let her have a soak before sex then see what happens? when i last had bacterial vaginosis i didnt have a smell

Old 04-02-2007, 08:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

Is this a foul smell that you are refering too? Fishy??? If so...........then this is definately BV and woman can suffer for years with this infection. You cant get med's over the counter. Several things can cause this infection, and you can try to prevent it from coming back. This infection happens when the PH balance gets off track in the vagina. Sometimes sperm can cause this. If you ejaculate inside, this can produce an odor that lasts a few days as well. NEVER douche.............this can cause this infection too. Otherwise......if this odor isnt foul/fishy then it may just be her odor...........during certain days of the month it can be stronger. Since you have been together for many years..............this does sound more like an infection though. You may not have any symptoms (beides odor) with BV. Some do have a runny greyish discharge, itching etc.............BUT i think you have more uncomfortable physical symptoms with a yeast infection. Talk to her about this..............even though it is a touchy subject. Or you can maybe shower/bath before getting intimate.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User

Are you sure it is from the vagina??

maybe she accidently fart.

My husband love this position...but, I hate it. Well, it's actually embrassing.

Especially, once in a while I accidently release air from you know what.

Closed Thread