It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
(male)

Ishalim03 HB User
Leg/Groin Area Severely Irritated from Vaginal Juices

Hey guys,

So my wife is a long time sufferer of Excema (20+ years). For those of you who arent familiar with the condition, it's basically just patches of irritation on the skin. She's been dealing with it for a long time, but just recently we've come upon a bit of a new problem:

She's been getting bouts of excema around her upper thigh/groin area. Obviously this is rather annoying in and of itself, but it's becoming a really big problem because, during sex, her vaginal fluids get on that area a bit and really really irritate it. It's getting to the point where she cant have sex cause the juices irritate that area so much she's in a lot of discomfort.

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to how we might work around this so that her periods of excema don't have to affect our sex life. She has an excema cream that she uses that helps the area heal, but it tends to take a long time. We're hoping somebody here might know of a more short term solution to keep the "juices" from irritating that area so much. Like maybe covering it up with something else?

Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User
Re: Leg/Groin Area Severely Irritated from Vaginal Juices

my bf's son has very severe eczema. they tried everything under the sun to clear it up. except the normal cheap stuff. when i came along i started using cooking oil and vasoline on him twice a day. that helped big time. and now he gets xolair shots. your wife may want to look into those.

anyway, try rubbing vasoline on her before you have sex. this will put a protective coat and not let any fluids get on the skin. and it will help her eczema too. Rx drugs don't help much for this kinda stuff. except for xolair. the greasyest thing you can use will do wonders for her skin. good luck and let us know how it works..

Last edited by tarheel247; 05-01-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User
Re: Leg/Groin Area Severely Irritated from Vaginal Juices

Has she been to see a dermatologist to get some prescription cream? A friend of mine told me that this one called Protopic was supposed to be really great. I've never tried it, but she told me that it cleared up her dermatitis within a week! Maybe tell your wife to look into it. My friend raves about it so much, sometimes I have to tell her to shut up already! (Lol, just kidding, she knows I love her! )

Closed Thread