HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sexual Health - Women (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-women/)
-   -   girlfriend has sticky/smelly stuff (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-women/510033-girlfriend-has-sticky-smelly-stuff.html)

timmy0257 06-20-2007 09:33 PM

girlfriend has sticky/smelly stuff

first post

during intercourse my girlfriend and i sometimes notice that i will have this sticky, smelly, and creamy fluid on my penis after intercourse. her vagina also has this. she has been complaining that sometimes it hurts her when i penetrate. she describes it as being on the front side which i assume would be anterior, or the same side as her abs, rather than the backside. i thought the discharge could have been thrush, but i dont know much about it. could it also be bacterial vaginosis?

thanks in advance

Leaf80 06-21-2007 01:02 PM

Re: girlfriend has sticky/smelly stuff

What type of smell does it have? If it's a fishy odor, than I'd say possibly. It also depends on where she is on her ovulation cycle, since vaginal discharge changes in the cycle to improve chances of pregnancy, since the vagina is typically an inhospitipal place for sperm, so the discharge changes to help the sperm survive. I would say for her to head to her GYN to get checked out for BV or a yeast infection. Also it could be your ejaculate that causes the smell, because ejaculate is not ordor free, so when mixed with vaginal secretions, it usually creates a strong odor.

If the pain is caused from lack of arousal, then more forplay would help that. Again, she should see her doctor and will get it figured out. Good Luck

Leaf

timmy0257 06-25-2007 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=Leaf80;3058150]What type of smell does it have? If it's a fishy odor, than I'd say possibly. It also depends on where she is on her ovulation cycle, since vaginal discharge changes in the cycle to improve chances of pregnancy, since the vagina is typically an inhospitipal place for sperm, so the discharge changes to help the sperm survive. I would say for her to head to her GYN to get checked out for BV or a yeast infection. Also it could be your ejaculate that causes the smell, because ejaculate is not ordor free, so when mixed with vaginal secretions, it usually creates a strong odor.

If the pain is caused from lack of arousal, then more forplay would help that. Again, she should see her doctor and will get it figured out. Good Luck

Leaf[/QUOTE]

Its not really a fishy smell at all. I cannot explain it unless I smell it again, and we are not having sex until this passes. I do not ejaculate in her either. The pain is deep in her vagina, and not because of lack of arousal. She describes it as an irritation on the wall of her vaginal cavity, similar to a cut or something.

Leaf80 06-25-2007 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=timmy0257;3064425]Its not really a fishy smell at all. I cannot explain it unless I smell it again, and we are not having sex until this passes. I do not ejaculate in her either. The pain is deep in her vagina, and not because of lack of arousal. She describes it as an irritation on the wall of her vaginal cavity, similar to a cut or something.[/QUOTE]

Well then I'd say it's time for her to see her gyn. If it is an infection, it most likely won't pass on its own. It could also just be her natural smell, the smell of the vaginal secretion mixing with the smell of condoms (if you use them) the smell of vaginal secretions mixed with your pre ejaculate. Only one way to tell for sure is a trip to the doctor.

FromSqueaky 06-25-2007 10:01 AM

Agree she needs to go to the doctor. There could other things causing her pain that need to be taken care of.

tUrRrRa 06-27-2007 11:00 PM

I know that a yeast infection can cause pain during intercourse and white discharge. Everybody's symptoms are different, so it doesn't necessarily have to be chunky looking discharge. Many people don't have any weird scent when having a yeast infection, but some people will say they can smell a breadlike or beer type smell. Maybe this can be what it is? At least if it is one, it should hopefully be easy to treat! Good luck.

snobun1 07-07-2007 01:10 PM

I agree with the others a visit to the DR is in order.
It could be nothing (secretions) a womens cyle is different every week and her fluids and secretions change.
I've heard before that some women can be allergic to guys sperm causing irritation, women can be highly sensetive to toys, condoms(lattex), certain lubricating lotions etc..
The pain she has up front may be due to a tipped uterus, endometriosis, or a short vaginal canal and your going too deep.
Change positions see if any are better at releaving the pain.
I still suggest a Dr. Visit and that you both go.