It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #1
(female)

justme06 HB User
Question Bleeding after Sex?

Hi.
I am having an early morning freak out and am hoping someone can offer some advice to calm me down. I woke up to use the bathroom and realized that I am bleeding, though not quite enough for a pad.
I am 22 and have been sexually active for about 5 years. Gone to the Dr. for regular paps since I was 18 and have received a clean bill of health all along. Also I am on birth control bills and have been for many years with seemingly no complications.
I am freaking out a big because it suddenly occured to me that this is not the first time this has happened to me after having sex (sex was 2 full days ago, light spotting started yesterday, but seems heavier today).
I realized that this happened the last time I had sad with my boyfriend about a month ago (we both have roommates, so sex is turning into about a once a month thing). But I also remembered this morning that about a year ago I was dating someone else and had a similar experience. However, soon after having sex with the previous boy and the slight bleeding we stopped seeing each other, so I never knew if it was a one off thing or some sort of chronic problem.
I am having a bit of melt down because in a recent issue of a magazine I read there is a short article on various pains after sex and every pain that involves bleeding gives the reasons for the bleeding as scary cancer/infertility causing STDS.
So I have 2 real questions: 1. do you think this bleeding could really just be because I am having sex so rarely the past year? (in between the previous boy and the current boy there were months of NO sex). 2. is this something that is worth my freaking out? Or should I relax about it?
I'd also like to mention that I spent a fair amount of time this morning reading other people's post about similar experiences but cannot find any info that helps me (as I said, im 22, not a virgin, not pregnant and too young for menopasual things).
Thanks for any advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: Bleeding after Sex?

I would try not to get too worked up about it until you talk to your Dr. It can be caused by a few different things:
  • Vaginal Dryness
  • Cervical Inflammation (Cervicitis)
  • STD's
  • Cervical Polyp's
  • Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginal Trauma

I've had that happen before and mine was due to Cervicitis. I would call your Dr. this week just to put your mind at rest. If you guys have rough sex that could do it as well. I totally wouldn't worry about it. Good luck!
PCOS

Closed Thread