It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
(female)

krzykat HB User
Sex hurts after pap??

I just had a pap smear two weeks ago. Sex before was fine but since the pap, I find that it hurts because my bf's penis hits my cervix. I thought this would go away (and it has somewhat) as I realize it takes some time for your body to heal when you've have skin cells scraped off, but it still hurts when were positioned at certain angles during sex.

Has anyone had this happen?

How long does it usually take to heal completely after a pap?

Old 08-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: Sex hurts after pap??

I'd have thought a day or two should do it. The scraping is supposed to be just a bit off the surface, the pain you're describing sounds more like it's from a pressure/movement thing, not a surface irritation. It sounds weird. Was it painful to have the speculum in there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I'm usually comfortable during my paps, but the last time when they swabbed, it hurt! That has never happened to me before and it was almost like a sharp pain at my cervix. Everything else was fine, just the swab part. I didn't bleed or anything, but I know what you mean about sex being uncomfortable when that happens. How long has it been since your pap? I would try not having sex for about a week and see if it helps then.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #4
(female)

krzykat HB User

I had the pap just over two weeks ago. It didn't hurt at all when my doctor did the swab.

Closed Thread