It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
(male)

preferstobeanon HB User
Question Slight bleeding during intercourse.

Hey girls,

I need a womans help on this one. I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 21. I'm noticing that when I am having sex with my girlfriend and I'm done, I go to the bathrom and notice that there has been blood on my genitals. It become very clear to me the other day when i was wearing a white shirt. The bottom of it was getting caught between us and when i saw it I noticed the little streaks here and there. I used to freak out and think it was me, but then realized it's on the outside. I don't want to approach her about it yet because I'm affraid she will be embarassed and not want to have sex. It is by no means a significant amount of blood but it is there regardless. Do any of you have or have friends with experience in the matter? I don't really mind if it's some female thing that happens every now and again, but I think she deserves to know it's happening incase it's something more serious. But if it is nothing serious then i'll try and move on. Help appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-28-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: There is no lack of a better word. Please use proper terminology.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
(female)

Leaf80 HB User
Re: Slight bleeding during intercourse.

How long have the two of you been having sex, and has she/does she always bleed?

It could be something simple as being to rough and her not being lubricated enough so it caused some irritation, but she should not be bleeding everytime after sex. You should tell her, because it could be a health problem she needs to see a doctor about. Your reason to not mention it smacks of pure selfishness and no reguard to her health.

Odds are she knows she's bleeding, unless she's not going to the bathroom after having sex, but you should still mention it. Keeping something like this about someone elses health is not good, especially if one of the reasons for not saying anything about it is because you're afraid she won't have sex with you anymore. I'm sure you would like to know if you where bleeding after having sex, I bet you'd be mad if your girlfriend didn't bother to mention it to you at all. She has the right to know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2007, 12:47 AM   #3
(female)

Undertheweather HB User

I have noticed that this sometimes happens to me when I have sex with a guy who has a big penis, usually when I am close to my period. Maybe it would be a good idea to mention it to her.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
(male)

preferstobeanon HB User

I don't think that's very fair to say I'm being selfish, and I take offense. In fact I even stated at the end that if it is a serious problem she deserves to know did I not?

Thanks for the input though regardless.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

I agree you should let her know. It could be something absolutely insignificant like being too rough or her being close to her period (either before it or just after), but this happened to me out of nowhere with my hubby several times, and it turned out I had cervicitis from nonbacterial causes. Basically my cervix was inflammed, but not infected or caused from a virus. There could be other causes for bleeding after sex, too.

And she must know, but she's probably embarrassed to bring it up with you. Like I said, I've had bleeding after sex (light bleeding, like you said, just a streak here or there or a bit of pink on the tissue after going to the restroom), and it's impossible not to notice. Sometimes it lasts a few days, too.

Best of luck. I'm sure it's nothing, but it's always best to get these things cleared so you both don't have to worry

Old 12-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
(female)

Leaf80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by preferstobeanon View Post
I don't think that's very fair to say I'm being selfish, and I take offense. In fact I even stated at the end that if it is a serious problem she deserves to know did I not?

Thanks for the input though regardless.
I said your reasons where selfish for not telling her, because you're afraid she won't have sex anymore. I'd be highly offended and mad at my husband if he didn't bring it to my attention that there was blood on his penis and it turned out that I had to see my doctor for it. No one on this side of the computer screen can diagnose or tell you what is wrong with your girlfriend, the only way she can find out if there is a problem, is to talk to HER about it. Just because Sue Shnue bled for whatever reason, doesn't mean that is why your girlfriend is bleeding.

My vote is to tell her, reguardless of it being a serious problem or not. If you're having sex once a month right before or after her period, that's one thing, but you say you've been noticing, so I am/was taking that as it's been at least a few times.

Good Luck to your girlfriend, I hope it's nothing.

Closed Thread